Uploading Garmin data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading Garmin data

Haven't been able to upload to Garminconnect in a couple of days now. When I get to the screen where it recognizes my 305 and I click on "upload all new" it just goes blank. I'm assuming the problem is on their end, but figured I'd check in here and see if you've been able to upload recently. I want to do a marathon report before I forget all the details.

I've had similar problems, but mine have lasted for several weeks. Either it will go blank or it will tell me that there are no runs to upload, when I know darn well I just finished running. It must be on their end of things.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
      I've had similar problems, but mine have lasted for several weeks. Either it will go blank or it will tell me that there are no runs to upload, when I know darn well I just finished running. It must be on their end of things.
      If they would ever get their crap together they could have the best running site anywhere. Instead they seem content to let Nike get all those hits.

Comment

Word on the street is that garmin got hacked by someone that installed ransomware on their servers. No one has been able to upload anything for two days and Garmin is mysteriously silent about the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Word on the street is that garmin got hacked by someone that installed ransomware on their servers. No one has been able to upload anything for two days and Garmin is mysteriously silent about the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they fix it soon. I don't use it (I just use my Apple watch with Strava), but the missus does, and she's convinced she PR'd, and possibly got a top ten finish, over a downhill stretch of her ride today. I made the mistake of saying I didn't believe her since I've seen no ride report.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I hope they fix it soon. I don't use it (I just use my Apple watch with Strava), but the missus does, and she's convinced she PR'd, and possibly got a top ten finish, over a downhill stretch of her ride today. I made the mistake of saying I didn't believe her since I've seen no ride report.
            Was just looking at my account and it looks like it has been fixed since my recent hikes in Colorado have been uploaded. Having a Garmin is the only way the missus allows me to backpack/hike solo because she can follow my goings online and text. Thankfully, the issue didn't impact individual social web sites that are shared.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

I have a Garmin Zumo 550, which was apparently manufactured in 2008. It's old, but I know exactly how it works. Can only send data to it or get data from it while connected to a computer. Once it was basically obsolete, Garmin offered lifetime map updates for eighty bucks. Every year or two I check if there is an update. It still doesn't recognize the street that I live on.

I just use Strava to keep track of all non-motorized activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                I have a Garmin Zumo 550, which was apparently manufactured in 2008. It's old, but I know exactly how it works. Can only send data to it or get data from it while connected to a computer. Once it was basically obsolete, Garmin offered lifetime map updates for eighty bucks. Every year or two I check if there is an update. It still doesn't recognize the street that I live on.

I just use Strava to keep track of all non-motorized activity.
                There's something to be said about upgrading to the latest and greatest.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  There's something to be said about upgrading to the latest and greatest.
                  Yeah, why let my money just sit in the bank collecting interest when I could spend it on the latest and greatest?

What I have meets my needs. It can help me navigate to random addresses anywhere in North America. When I'm in the middle of nowhere, occasionally even where it doesn't recognize the dirt roads, it can help me find my way back out. And it can keep me on track, using a GPX file, for places I've never been before. Plus it can be left out in the rain all day without damage and it works when I'm wearing thick gloves.

Other than a bigger screen and nicer looking graphics, what is the latest and greatest going to make better for me? And will it be as tough?

Comment

Yeah, why let my money just sit in the bank collecting interest when I could spend it on the latest and greatest?
                    Agreed.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

What I have meets my needs. It can help me navigate to random addresses anywhere in North America. When I'm in the middle of nowhere, occasionally even where it doesn't recognize the dirt roads, it can help me find my way back out. And it can keep me on track, using a GPX file, for places I've never been before. Plus it can be left out in the rain all day without damage and it works when I'm wearing thick gloves.

Other than a bigger screen and nicer looking graphics, what is the latest and greatest going to make better for me? And will it be as tough?
                      Think about a Garmin interface as nothing more than a smartphone application. If my iPhone had satellite communication (come on Uncle Ted, when are you gonna deliver that?), I wouldn't need a Garmin device. A good solution is the Garmin Inreach mini paired to a smart phone using the Garmin Earthmate app. as the user interface.
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
                      X