CUF Concert Brag Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    I cannot beat that as a first concert. I'll go ahead and let people mock me when I admit that my first concert was James Taylor. Don't say I have never done anything for

MMW in Seattle was the best concert I have ever been too. It did almost lead to my friend's girlfriend breaking up with him. She was extremely pissed after the concert. MMW was definitely very out that night. I've seen them about 5 times and that one was really the best.
    I've probably seen James Taylor 5 different times. Why are you so embarrassed?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I'm guessing that has something to do with it.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        I'm guessing that has something to do with it.
        Most of the concerts were at Park West. I was a big JT fan in high school. NEW MOON SHINE IS AN AWESOME ALBUM!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Any jazz snob credibility that I had left is destroyed by that admission. Not that I had much left with the fact that I now have listened to and enjoyed the likes of Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and Spoon. Perhaps if I listen to a different Zorn album each day for the next 3 months, I can repair my damaged reputation.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Okay fine.

My first concert was Naughty by Nature and Rotten Razkals. It was amazaballz. Biggie Smalls was supposed to open, but he was in jail for beating lil kim or something.

I also saw Smokin' Grooves 96 with the following lineup: Busta Rhymes, A Tribe Called Quest, Cypress Hill, Fugees, Ziggy Marley.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

My first concert was Neil Sedaka opening up for The Carpenters at Ricks College. Our scout troop got tickets and went to it. It was out of control.

Comment

Most of the concerts were at Park West. I was a big JT fan in high school. NEW MOON SHINE IS AN AWESOME ALBUM!
                The James Taylor concert that I went to was in 1996 at Park West.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Any jazz snob credibility that I had left is destroyed by that admission. Not that I had much left with the fact that I now have listened to and enjoyed the likes of Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and Spoon. Perhaps if I listen to a different Zorn album each day for the next 3 months, I can repair my damaged reputation.
                  What? No! These are the bands jazz and classical snobs like. I posted this just for you the other day but you seem to have missed it.
                  http://cougaruteforum.com/showpost.p...&postcount=411

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Okay fine.

My first concert was Naughty by Nature and Rotten Razkals. It was amazaballz. Biggie Smalls was supposed to open, but he was in jail for beating lil kim or something.

I also saw Smokin' Grooves 96 with the following lineup: Busta Rhymes, A Tribe Called Quest, Cypress Hill, Fugees, Ziggy Marley.
                    I regret missing out on that Smokin' Grooves concert in SLC. I did make the next year when George Clinton was on the tour, but the overall lineup that year just wasn't as good.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Used to go to shows up there when I was a kid. In fact, that's where I saw King/Guy. Also saw CSN and later the Y, Fleetwood Mac, etc.

Comment

I saw Peter Breinholt. Nothing can top that in terms of embarrassing admissions.

Comment

I cannot beat that as a first concert. I'll go ahead and let people mock me when I admit that my first concert was James Taylor. Don't say I have never done anything for
                          Why would someone mock that? JT is a living legend.

Why would someone mock that, especially if their first concert may or may not have been NKOTB?

Comment

What? No! These are the bands jazz and classical snobs like. I posted this just for you the other day but you seem to have missed it.
                            http://cougaruteforum.com/showpost.p...&postcount=411
                            Ugh, mentioning Radiohead in the same sentence as Weather Report is a huge insult to Radiohead. Also, Branford Marsalis may be very talented but his music is boring. Even when he did stretch out, he was still boring.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Did Donut and Falafel not get invites to the show? I don't like the direction of this thread.
                              They are always invited. Hey you two: COME TO THE SHOW!!!! drop the 90 bucks for the VIP GA tix because this is going to be epic. The clouds just parted in time for me to make it to this show. I got my ticket today.

They are playing Geek U.S.A., Frail and Bedazzled, Starla, Window Paine, Siva, Suffer, Silverfuck, Thru the Eyes of Ruby, etc. etc. etc. plus cuts off the forthcoming Oceania, which is getting crazy buzz on twitter. In fact, the only singles I see on the setlist are Cherub Rock and BulletWBW.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I saw Peter Breinholt. Nothing can top that in terms of embarrassing admissions.
                                lol. my friend had PB and the BP play at his wedding reception.

@ my friend.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X