X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marsupial View Post
    I got a hug and a picture!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2126[/ATTACH]

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

It was a really small show and we were right up by the stage. After the show, I just climbed up onto the stage, gave him a hug, thanked him for coming and asked if I could get a picture. Lots of other people were waiting in line to talk to him and get pictures, so I didn't bother him any more than that. Plus, it was already 2 a.m. and we needed to get home to our 14-year-old babysitter. I chatted with a guy next to me before the show. He's seen him 7 times and the Pixies twice. He said one show he ended up hanging out with him and chatting for a full hour.
      That's way cool.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Sweet picture. I hope you wore shoes so you didn't gross him out!
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• We wore shoes to the Pentonix concert the other night. Entertaining.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Sweet picture. I hope you wore shoes so you didn't gross him out!
            Barefoot.
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Barefoot.
              Barefoot in a club?
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• The other night we went to Abbey Road to listen to listen to these guys:

Parrots_AbbeyRoad.jpg

A lot of fun.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Maybe there's a better thread to put this in but I'm too lazy to look. Very cool upcoming concert in SLC on May 10. Os Mutantes are a legendary Brazilian band who released their incredible first album in 1968. They're virtually unknown in the US, with the exception of hard core pop music aficionados. They're playing at the Urban Lounge.

Here's their wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os_Mutantes
                  Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                  --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

I got a hug and a picture!
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2126[/ATTACH]
                    Great pic. I love that one of you looks just ever so slightly starstruck.

On a sidenote, one of my best friends recorded and produced a solo album by Joey Santiago. I don't think it ever got distributed for some legal reason or other but he said it was a pretty amazing experience.

Comment

• I don't know how much of a brag it is, but I'll be travelling to Salt Lake City this weekend to see Stars at Urban Lounge. Stars have been on my "To See" list for many years and now that we have littles at home, we don't cross very many of those off these days. So it was a nice birthday surprise.

While the rest of you will be slobbering all over yourselves over the primordial Holy War game, I'll be classing it up with some of my favorite Canadians. (And checking my phone like a junkie.)
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        I don't know how much of a brag it is, but I'll be travelling to Salt Lake City this weekend to see Stars at Urban Lounge. Stars have been on my "To See" list for many years and now that we have littles at home, we don't cross very many of those off these days. So it was a nice birthday surprise.

While the rest of you will be slobbering all over yourselves over the primordial Holy War game, I'll be classing it up with some of my favorite Canadians. (And checking my phone like a junkie.)
                        That would be a fun show. For some odd reason, Canada is way overrepresented when it comes to the list of my favorite artists.

I just had a good friend offer me a couple of three-day all-inclusive VIP passes for the Austin City Limits music festival in early October. Atoms for Peace, the National, Wilco, Junip, Neko Case, Kings of Leon, you name it. Given that I'm probably 15+ years older than most of the expected crowd, I'm going to see if I can pass myself off as the father of one of the guys in one of the more obscure bands and get some additional swag.

Comment

I don't know how much of a brag it is, but I'll be travelling to Salt Lake City this weekend to see Stars at Urban Lounge. Stars have been on my "To See" list for many years and now that we have littles at home, we don't cross very many of those off these days. So it was a nice birthday surprise.

Haven't listened much to Stars but a friend recommended that i listen to them. So i decided to see what videos they had online. The first video i find was of a girl clothed then naked walking/dancing around. My wife and her friend were in the room. A NSFW tag would have been nice.

Comment

• Is anyone going to Muse tonight? Statman?
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Is anyone going to Muse tonight? Statman?
                              If I'd heard of them/him/her I would have maybe considered it!
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Nice. I really liked their last couple of albums.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X