Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CUF Concert Brag Thread.

Default CUF Concert Brag Thread.

I figure we are missing this thread. I'll start.

I'm going to Vegas on saturday to catch Smashing Pumpkins, who are playing DEEEEEEP cuts from Gish and Pisces Iscariot. very stoked!! Anyone else gonna be there?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post

I'm going to Vegas on saturday to catch Smashing Pumpkins, who are playing DEEEEEEP cuts from Gish and Pisces Iscariot. very stoked!! Anyone else gonna be there?
    Sounds fun dude.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

I will be in Vegas.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Did Donut and Falafel not get invites to the show? I don't like the direction of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Did Donut and Falafel not get invites to the show? I don't like the direction of this thread.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Are we only allowed to brag about future concerts or concerts that we have already attended.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

I will be seeing the Avett Brothers on Saturday in Greensboro, NC.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Are we only allowed to brag about future concerts or concerts that we have already attended.
    All concerts.

My first concert was BB King and Buddy Guy. Beat that, bitches!

All concerts.

My first concert was Rick Astley and Martika.
    Game. Set. Match.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I will be seeing the Avett Brothers on Saturday in Greensboro, NC.
    How many times is this?

Random story. Yesterday I was listening to The Head and The Heart, and about four songs in I checked my ipod because I thought I had accidentally put on the Avett Bros.

All concerts.

Alabama!
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

How many times is this?
    Seven

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Alabama!
    Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, *dun un un*

All concerts.

I cannot beat that as a first concert. I'll go ahead and let people mock me when I admit that my first concert was James Taylor. Don't say I have never done anything for

MMW in Seattle was the best concert I have ever been too. It did almost lead to my friend's girlfriend breaking up with him. She was extremely pissed after the concert. MMW was definitely very out that night. I've seen them about 5 times and that one was really the best.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Where did they play?

I cannot beat that as a first concert. I'll go ahead and let people mock me when I admit that my first concert was James Taylor. Don't say I have never done anything for

MMW in Seattle was the best concert I have ever been too. It did almost lead to my friend's girlfriend breaking up with him. She was extremely pissed after the concert. MMW was definitely very out that night. I've seen them about 5 times and that one was really the best.
    I've probably seen James Taylor 5 different times. Why are you so embarrassed?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

I'm guessing that has something to do with it.
    Most of the concerts were at Park West. I was a big JT fan in high school. NEW MOON SHINE IS AN AWESOME ALBUM!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Any jazz snob credibility that I had left is destroyed by that admission. Not that I had much left with the fact that I now have listened to and enjoyed the likes of Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and Spoon. Perhaps if I listen to a different Zorn album each day for the next 3 months, I can repair my damaged reputation.
    --SeattleUte

Okay fine.

My first concert was Naughty by Nature and Rotten Razkals. It was amazaballz. Biggie Smalls was supposed to open, but he was in jail for beating lil kim or something.

I also saw Smokin' Grooves 96 with the following lineup: Busta Rhymes, A Tribe Called Quest, Cypress Hill, Fugees, Ziggy Marley.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

My first concert was Neil Sedaka opening up for The Carpenters at Ricks College. Our scout troop got tickets and went to it. It was out of control.

Most of the concerts were at Park West. I was a big JT fan in high school. NEW MOON SHINE IS AN AWESOME ALBUM!
    The James Taylor concert that I went to was in 1996 at Park West.
    --SeattleUte

Any jazz snob credibility that I had left is destroyed by that admission. Not that I had much left with the fact that I now have listened to and enjoyed the likes of Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and Spoon. Perhaps if I listen to a different Zorn album each day for the next 3 months, I can repair my damaged reputation.
    What? No! These are the bands jazz and classical snobs like. I posted this just for you the other day but you seem to have missed it.
    http://cougaruteforum.com/showpost.p...&postcount=411

Okay fine.

My first concert was Naughty by Nature and Rotten Razkals. It was amazaballz. Biggie Smalls was supposed to open, but he was in jail for beating lil kim or something.

I also saw Smokin' Grooves 96 with the following lineup: Busta Rhymes, A Tribe Called Quest, Cypress Hill, Fugees, Ziggy Marley.
    I regret missing out on that Smokin' Grooves concert in SLC. I did make the next year when George Clinton was on the tour, but the overall lineup that year just wasn't as good.
    --SeattleUte

Used to go to shows up there when I was a kid. In fact, that's where I saw King/Guy. Also saw CSN and later the Y, Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I saw Peter Breinholt. Nothing can top that in terms of embarrassing admissions.

Why would someone mock that? JT is a living legend.

Why would someone mock that, especially if their first concert may or may not have been NKOTB?

What? No! These are the bands jazz and classical snobs like. I posted this just for you the other day but you seem to have missed it.
    http://cougaruteforum.com/showpost.p...&postcount=411
    Ugh, mentioning Radiohead in the same sentence as Weather Report is a huge insult to Radiohead. Also, Branford Marsalis may be very talented but his music is boring. Even when he did stretch out, he was still boring.
    --SeattleUte

They are always invited. Hey you two: COME TO THE SHOW!!!! drop the 90 bucks for the VIP GA tix because this is going to be epic. The clouds just parted in time for me to make it to this show. I got my ticket today.

They are playing Geek U.S.A., Frail and Bedazzled, Starla, Window Paine, Siva, Suffer, Silverfuck, Thru the Eyes of Ruby, etc. etc. etc. plus cuts off the forthcoming Oceania, which is getting crazy buzz on twitter. In fact, the only singles I see on the setlist are Cherub Rock and BulletWBW.

I saw Peter Breinholt. Nothing can top that in terms of embarrassing admissions.
    lol. my friend had PB and the BP play at his wedding reception.

@ my friend.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.