CUF Concert Brag Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    This is going to be a pretty concert-heavy year. I am seeing the Darkness soon, which I'm excited about since I've heard for over a decade how fantastic their live shows are. I'm also seeing Rage Against the Machine on the reunion tour in April (and Run the Jewels again :rockon2, which is going to be amazing.

Oh! And after being a fan for nearly 30 years, I'm finally seeing Faith No More, even if it is an outdoor venue in Phoenix in the summer. And I may or may not have to sit through KoЯn since it's a co-headline. :/
    Korn and Faith No More? Ugh. Why would FNM agree to that? I'm not rubbing shoulders with Korn fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
      Korn and Faith No More? Ugh. Why would FNM agree to that? I'm not rubbing shoulders with Korn fans.
      lol. I'm more worried about the heat than I am dumb Korn fans.

Oh- forgot- I'm seeing a Thom Yorke solo show in April, too. Too many shows.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I was going to buy tickets for my wife and me to go see the Black Keys in Charlotte, but the $74, 52nd-row tickets x 2 people were going to be $222 after fees, taxes, and handling. I don't like them that much for that far away. The front row tickets were $499 each, before all the LiveNation/Ticketmaster charges.

Concerts are too expensive. People need to stop paying these prices.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          I was going to buy tickets for my wife and me to go see the Black Keys in Charlotte, but the $74, 52nd-row tickets x 2 people were going to be $222 after fees, taxes, and handling. I don't like them that much for that far away. The front row tickets were $499 each, before all the LiveNation/Ticketmaster charges.

Dude-- I saw the Black Keys last year. I mostly went to see Modest Mouse open, but Black Keys played a sold out NBA arena. I was dumbfounded-SO many people going ape shit for every one of their songs. Not like they're not good or anything, but C'mon. It's just the Black Keys.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I was going to buy tickets for my wife and me to go see the Black Keys in Charlotte, but the $74, 52nd-row tickets x 2 people were going to be $222 after fees, taxes, and handling. I don't like them that much for that far away. The front row tickets were $499 each, before all the LiveNation/Ticketmaster charges.

Also, Smashing Pumpkins are playing a couple of shows in your neck of the woods in May. This spring mini-tour is going to be a doozy if you're into them.

Comment

Also, Smashing Pumpkins are playing a couple of shows in your neck of the woods in May. This spring mini-tour is going to be a doozy if you're into them.
              I saw that, but haven't looked at how much yet. I love them, but, I've always heard that they were shitty live, other than you. Plus, if I paid for a concert and they don't play every song from Siamese Dream I'd be pissed off.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I saw that, but haven't looked at how much yet. I love them, but, I've always heard that they were shitty live, other than you. Plus, if I paid for a concert and they don't play every song from Siamese Dream I'd be pissed off.
                Frankly, they used to be pretty bad-- pre-1997 or so-- for one reason. Billy took a punk approach to his live vocals and sounded pretty much like a wounded cat. During Adore he had extensive vocal training which has translated to the live shows and he acquits himself pretty well. As for the rest, you'll never hear a better-rehearsed band-- it's a very tight show.

The 3-hour shows they did in 2018 when James came back were fantastic-- full-on stadium show with all the bells and whistles and every song you'd ever want to hear them play.

I think this particular tour might be great since it's the 'Rock Invasion 2" tour, in reference to the 'Rock Invasion' tour they did in '93. I'd expect some pretty hard rocking and definitely lots of stuff from SD.

Here's an un-edited video of that tour a couple years ago. I think it's fantastic, warts n all. Watching Jimmy Chamberlin work is worth the price of admission.

Last edited by Commando; 03-06-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Sucks that there won't be a summer concert series in Bend. But I think it's pretty innovative what I'm seeing smaller bands do with the lockdown. I think the live-streaming with a tip jar is a great idea. Some of them are donating a percentage to charities.

I've been watching The Steel Wheels, California Honeydrops, and Barenaked Ladies. Any of you watching livestreams? Any recommendations?
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

This is going to be a pretty concert-heavy year. I am seeing the Darkness soon, which I'm excited about since I've heard for over a decade how fantastic their live shows are. I'm also seeing Rage Against the Machine on the reunion tour in April (and Run the Jewels again :rockon2, which is going to be amazing.

Oh! And after being a fan for nearly 30 years, I'm finally seeing Faith No More, even if it is an outdoor venue in Phoenix in the summer. And I may or may not have to sit through KoЯn since it's a co-headline. :/
                    Just realized I said adios to a Thom Yorke show on Monday that I had tickets, to, too.

Comment

• Hagar, a man in his 70s, sounds more than good enough here. Just incredible:

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                        Hagar, a man in his 70s, sounds more than good enough here. Just incredible:

He always had better chops than David Lee Roth. But never as much flair.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          He always had better chops than David Lee Roth. But never as much flair.
                          Agreed. Hagar is an actual rock musician. Roth is more of a rock star.
                          We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Speaking of online concerts, do yourself a favor and watch the frontman for the California Honeydrops casually belt out a John Prine song:

https://www.facebook.com/1274680230/...520088142/?d=n

Just beautiful.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Got tix to Elton John for this November. I'm surprised he's coming to AZ and I didn't have to commit to a trip to Vegas. I can't say I'm the world's biggest EJ fan, but c'mon-- if this is his last tour I gotta hear Benny and the Jets in person. Plus HOLD ME CLOSA TONY DANZAAA

Comment

• I went to Garth over the weekend. Good concert. Their first live performance since pandemic, so it took a couple songs to get the sound dialed in, but the once they did they were nails. I saw him back in 98 at the Delta Center, and he’s still got it. And I think he has more hair now than he did back then. (Hair plugs?)
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X