General Conference Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is the dumbest shit i’ve ever heard
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      Why is the Melchezidek priesthood called the Melchezidek priesthood again?
      That came to my mind also. It could be argued that the significance of the priesthood name is even more important than the church name. But 2 hour church!. He obviously feels strongly about this.

Comment

• General Conference Predictions

Clearly the RMN/DHO biumvirate was not on board with the TSM/DFU-driven “I’m a Mormon” campaign. And they are now in charge and doing something about it. And they are doing their darndest to prevent pendulum swings in the other direction once they are gone.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• After listening to this morning's talk from President Nelson, I wondered if http://www.thechurchofjesuschristoflatterdaysaints.org/ would work. Looks like it takes us one of those shorter name sites.

It doesn't quite work if you put the hyphen in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            I don’t know what you are taking about... I had the night off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Well, there goes the activity rate.
              We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Here's an inspired talk:

"All those names on the ward list that nobody can identify, contact, or even remember? Just delete them. Poof. They're gone."

Comment

• Here's another inspired talk:

"Since names and file will always be a mess, we'll never have all the information we supposedly need, and we offend everyone when we baptize their distant family members by proxy, from now on all temple work is done for a son of Adam or daughter of Eve."

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Clearly the RMN/DHO biumvirate was not on board with the TSM/DFU-driven “I’m a Mormon” campaign. And they are now in charge and doing something about it. And they are doing their darndest to prevent pendulum swings in the other direction once they are gone.
                    “Clearly”

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      They took a page out of Keith Mcconnel’s playbook. They’re playing to win!
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Who?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          Who?
                          https://www.lds.org/general-conferen...alled?lang=eng

Comment

• I admit that Pres. Nelson's quoting the Savior's words in 3rd Nephi 27 was a strong case for not being called the Mormon Church. I always thought (at least in my own head) that being called the Mormon Church was a way of reverencing The Lord by not glibly throwing His name out there as a byline title, or as a common utterance.

The fishy part to me is the why and when of it all... if it's a big deal - nip it in the bud early on. I just don't see that President Nelson is the only Prophet that the Lord has spoken to in the last 100 years.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              I admit that Pres. Nelson's quoting the Savior's words in 3rd Nephi 27 was a strong case for not being called the Mormon Church. I always thought (at least in my own head) that being called the Mormon Church was a way of reverencing The Lord by not glibly throwing His name out there as a byline title, or as a common utterance.

The fishy part to me is the why and when of it all... if it's a big deal - nip it in the bud early on. I just don't see that President Nelson is the only Prophet that the Lord has spoken to in the last 100 years.
                              Yeah, again I have to agree with Clack on this. This seems very fishy indeed. There is no other instance that I can think of where the church's leaders failed to act for many years, only to have a new prophet "fix" the mistake that had been around for decades. It kind of makes me wonder if the whole thing is made up.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                I’m sure he’s relieved.
                                That I sustain him even when I disagree? Yes.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X