General Conference Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see mormonchannel.org is still up.

I wonder if there’s a power struggle in the 15. Oooh, palace intrigue!
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      Yeah, again I have to agree with Clack on this. This seems very fishy indeed. There is no other instance that I can think of where the church's leaders failed to act for many years, only to have a new prophet "fix" the mistake that had been around for decades. It kind of makes me wonder if the whole thing is made up.
      Agreeing with me is one thing, (as is your chosen method of rebuttal) but it also makes me wonder what we're doing today that will be course corrected decades from now? Too many late date changes only makes you wonder what the future holds. I'll give you an example. There's no particular reason that 12 -16 year old girls cannot pass the sacrament. It's not a priesthood duty, it's a convenience to the congregation. Why not let the young ladies participate with serving the sacrament to the recipients? I think there's lot's of things out there that are like this... where women can participate more fully in the administration of the church, and am pretty sure that some old time barriers will yet fall. Do we have to wait another 50 years until we have a millennial prophet tell us that the Lord told him that women are equal to men?
      Last edited by clackamascoug; 10-07-2018, 12:41 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• can you imagine how totally offended jesus must have been about meet the mormons
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• General Conference Predictions

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
          Agreeing with me is one thing, (as is your chosen method of rebuttal) but it also makes me wonder what we're doing today that will be course corrected decades from now? Too many late date changes only makes you wonder what the future holds. I'll give you an example. There's no particular reason that 12 -16 year old girls cannot pass the sacrament. It's not a priesthood duty, it's a inconvenience to the congregation. Why not let the young ladies participate with serving the sacrament to the recipients? I think there's lot's of things out there that are like this... where women can participate more fully in the administration of the church, and am pretty sure that some old time barriers will yet fall. Do we have to wait another 50 years until we have a millennial prophet tell us that the Lord told him that women are equal to men?
          I agree that young women should be allowed to pass the sacrament... but not during the seven days they are unclean because of their issue of blood.
          Last edited by Sullyute; 10-07-2018, 12:55 PM.
          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            can you imagine how totally offended jesus must have been about meet the mormons
            The devil was thrilled!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              That I sustain him even when I disagree? Yes.

So giving him a pass is equivalent to sustaining him? That should make it a lot easier.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                A couple of women are signing off Facebook for 10 days, as per a Nelson talk. Was that a challenge just for the women?
                It was actually directed towards the youth, and it was more than a month ago (if we are talking about the same talk). My ward recently extended the challenge to the adults as well.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Reader’s Digest version of Oaks talk? My active TBM friends are all-a-flutter.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    A couple of women are signing off Facebook for 10 days, as per a Nelson talk. Was that a challenge just for the women?
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    It was actually directed towards the youth, and it was more than a month ago (if we are talking about the same talk). My ward recently extended the challenge to the adults as well.
                    Im guessing neither of your wives went to the women’s meeting last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      Haha, right on my account.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• They seem to be trying to get away from the label "Mormon"

Imagine if Catholics didn't want to be called Catholic or Muslims didn't want to be called Muslims.

An uphill battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Haha, right on my account.
                          https://fox13now.com/2018/10/06/lds-...-social-media/

Comment

• My wife is the social media manager for my firm, so that's gonna be a no for us, dawg.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                              Nope!
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Also, President Nelson looks spry!

I watched the announcement including a video of priests breaking bread without gloves. Would be ideal for a study of rates of influenza transmission in Mormon wards.

Would map out seating of parishioners, and correlate with who broke bread on which trays.

Then compare with timing and rates of influenza infection among non-Mormon residents of the same neighborhoods / communities.
                                Last edited by ByronMarchant; 10-07-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X