Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: General Conference Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    What’s SSM?
    Same sex matriculation

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    My 2 year old is going to be legit pissed once she realizes she's getting hosed out of her bubble time in Nursery. She loves every minute of Nursery.
    Teaching five year olds for a full hour was really stressing me out. It's hard to do even 20-30 minutes of lesson with those kids. I'm going to start enjoying teaching Primary once again. (Liked it for the month of practicing for the Primary program, because they only left us 25 minutes.)

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    What’s SSM?
    It's like SSA but more formal.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Apparently Oaks spoke but I slept through it. Sounds like he laid down the law on supporting SSM.
    Just to give Marty something to bitch about.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Just to give Marty something to bitch about.
    Yeah, it was pretty anger inducing. Talked about how marriage is between a man and a woman, gender is eternal and only 2 genders. It made exmos blood just boil.

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    President Nelson has cut 50 hours of church meetings a year. He’s truly inspired and I sustain him with both hands.
    The GOAT.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

A couple of women are signing off Facebook for 10 days, as per a Nelson talk. Was that a challenge just for the women?

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    A couple of women are signing off Facebook for 10 days, as per a Nelson talk. Was that a challenge just for the women?
    Yes. And frankly it couldn't come at a better time. A lot of women getting a little uppity after this Kavanaugh/Ford thing. A mass time-out for the ladies is a great idea. Nelson is GOAT.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I don’t know what you are taking about... I had the night off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Either President Nelson's been reading CS, or we have a mole.

Why is the Melchezidek priesthood called the Melchezidek priesthood again?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Not because it’s really named after Jesus.

PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Either President Nelson's been reading CS, or we have a mole.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Haha.

I don't get this name change thing, but I am giving him a pass because of everything else.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha.

I don't get this name change thing, but I am giving him a pass because of everything else.
    I’m sure he’s relieved.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

this is the dumbest shit i’ve ever heard
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    That came to my mind also. It could be argued that the significance of the priesthood name is even more important than the church name. But 2 hour church!. He obviously feels strongly about this.

Default General Conference Predictions

Clearly the RMN/DHO biumvirate was not on board with the TSM/DFU-driven “I’m a Mormon” campaign. And they are now in charge and doing something about it. And they are doing their darndest to prevent pendulum swings in the other direction once they are gone.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

After listening to this morning's talk from President Nelson, I wondered if http://www.thechurchofjesuschristoflatterdaysaints.org/ would work. Looks like it takes us one of those shorter name sites.

It doesn't quite work if you put the hyphen in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I don’t know what you are taking about... I had the night off.

Philosopher of Men Sleeping in EQ's Avatar

Well, there goes the activity rate.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Here's an inspired talk:

"All those names on the ward list that nobody can identify, contact, or even remember? Just delete them. Poof. They're gone."

Here's another inspired talk:

"Since names and file will always be a mess, we'll never have all the information we supposedly need, and we offend everyone when we baptize their distant family members by proxy, from now on all temple work is done for a son of Adam or daughter of Eve."

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Clearly the RMN/DHO biumvirate was not on board with the TSM/DFU-driven “I’m a Mormon” campaign. And they are now in charge and doing something about it. And they are doing their darndest to prevent pendulum swings in the other direction once they are gone.
    “Clearly”

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    They took a page out of Keith Mcconnel’s playbook. They’re playing to win!

Who?

I admit that Pres. Nelson's quoting the Savior's words in 3rd Nephi 27 was a strong case for not being called the Mormon Church. I always thought (at least in my own head) that being called the Mormon Church was a way of reverencing The Lord by not glibly throwing His name out there as a byline title, or as a common utterance.

The fishy part to me is the why and when of it all... if it's a big deal - nip it in the bud early on. I just don't see that President Nelson is the only Prophet that the Lord has spoken to in the last 100 years.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    I admit that Pres. Nelson's quoting the Savior's words in 3rd Nephi 27 was a strong case for not being called the Mormon Church. I always thought (at least in my own head) that being called the Mormon Church was a way of reverencing The Lord by not glibly throwing His name out there as a byline title, or as a common utterance.

The fishy part to me is the why and when of it all... if it's a big deal - nip it in the bud early on. I just don't see that President Nelson is the only Prophet that the Lord has spoken to in the last 100 years.
    Yeah, again I have to agree with Clack on this. This seems very fishy indeed. There is no other instance that I can think of where the church's leaders failed to act for many years, only to have a new prophet "fix" the mistake that had been around for decades. It kind of makes me wonder if the whole thing is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I’m sure he’s relieved.
    That I sustain him even when I disagree? Yes.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster