General Conference Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    So my daughter's friend is engaged and she called the local temple to schedule a wedding. They told her that they couldn't schedule it right now and that she should "call back after general conference".

I am wondering if they are going to change things so that you no longer do regular weddings in the temple and now do sealing after a civil ceremony like they do outside the US. Would make sense.
    WTF? Effing millennials. I could have had a choose your own mission experience and hit skins with Gidget before marriage? Not fair.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

So my daughter's friend is engaged and she called the local temple to schedule a wedding. They told her that they couldn't schedule it right now and that she should "call back after general conference".

I am wondering if they are going to change things so that you no longer do regular weddings in the temple and now do sealing after a civil ceremony like they do outside the US. Would make sense.
      I wonder if the church would then get out of the marrying business altogether? If not, it doesn't take any heat off of them regarding not allowing gays to marry, and it will almost ensure that anyone called as a bishop will never have a free Saturday in June-Sept. for 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
        I wonder if the church would then get out of the marrying business altogether? If not, it doesn't take any heat off of them regarding not allowing gays to marry, and it will almost ensure that anyone called as a bishop will never have a free Saturday in June-Sept. for 5 years.
        That was my thought too. A step to insulate the temple ordinance from the pressure of same sex marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          Yep. That would be my guess.

Or it could be that the person in charge of scheduling is on vacation until next week.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            That was my thought too. A step to insulate the temple ordinance from the pressure of same sex marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            It would acknowledge the fact that "marriage" was a word whose definition was lost to religion a long time ago. Temple sealing can be defined for whatever purpose the church wants. Baby steps.

Comment

• God bless President Reformer M. Nelson!!!
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Boom. Two hour church.

Say what you want about Pres. Nelson, but he has certainly turned Saturday Conference into must see LDS TV.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I just pulled my car over and wept.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Lol @ JL.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      I just pulled my car over and wept.
                      LOL.

Congrats, all church goers here! That is kind of a big deal.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Lol @ JL.
                        Huh?
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/artic...on-home-church

Comment

Huh?
                            Pretty sure you mockingly commented that 2 hour church would not happen. If I'm mistaken, i apologize in advance.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              Pretty sure you mockingly commented that 2 hour church would not happen. If I'm mistaken, i apologize in advance.
                              Lol. You are mistaken.

I accept your apology.

Comment

• Think of how many fewer buildings they need if they can push 2 wards through every 2 hours or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X