General Conference Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    It sucks that changes like this bring guinea pig type feelings for children, but it will all even out in a year or two and no one will complain.

It's only joy in my household. My son will get to be a deacon 7 month earlier than expected (and out of primary, which he is really excited about) and my 7 year old daughter is so super excited to start activity days this January instead of waiting until the end of April.
    Huh. There's an aspect of this I hadn't considered. Activity Days follows the class, but Cub Scouts still follows the birthday. So the 7 year old girls get to participate while the 7 year old boys wait?

I imagine that will only happen with the most hardnosed of bishops, and everyone will join in the fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
      Huh. There's an aspect of this I hadn't considered. Activity Days follows the class, but Cub Scouts still follows the birthday. So the 7 year old girls get to participate while the 7 year old boys wait?

I imagine that will only happen with the most hardnosed of bishops, and everyone will join in the fun.
      Cubs are done after next year though, right? Then it will be the same for the boys and girls. I think.

Comment

Cubs are done after next year though, right? Then it will be the same for the boys and girls. I think.
        Yeah, Cubs is over after 2019, with is partly why I doubt anyone will be forced to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          i don't like the change. scale from 1 to 10, 10 being i hate with the fire of 1000 suns and president nelsons should be fired - i'm about a 2. so yeah, not a huge deal, but i have 8 and 10 year old daughters and don't need them growing up any faster.
          I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all. This is the age group I teach in primary. We have birthdays from February through December. I thought I had at least 10 more months of teaching. During that time I was going to lobby for another class starting next year. Now it looks like I’ll need to push all that effort into the next 2 weeks. Maybe I can get my current class to write some letters on my behalf.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

It sucks that changes like this bring guinea pig type feelings for children, but it will all even out in a year or two and no one will complain.

It's only joy in my household. My son will get to be a deacon 7 month earlier than expected (and out of primary, which he is really excited about) and my 7 year old daughter is so super excited to start activity days this January instead of waiting until the end of April.
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• We have 17 boys moving out of our Deacons quorums and 17 moving in. Only 8 boys will stay the same. We have 1 boy left from our quorum presidencies. Things will look much different come January 1. The sacrament might be chaotic for a little while before things settle down.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                i don't like the change. scale from 1 to 10, 10 being i hate with the fire of 1000 suns and president nelsons should be fired - i'm about a 2.
                This also gets a big fat meh from me, but maybe put me at a 3.

However, I do like that the end result seems to be that kids spend more time as priests and laurels... two full calendar years, plus up to 8 months on the 3rd year depending on mission/college departure. Priest/Laurel adult leadership is generally better than those that occupy the lower tiers (in our ward anyway). No offense intended to the YW/YM 1st/2nd counselors here... I'm sure you are great, just not the best.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

However, I do like that the end result seems to be that kids spend more time as priests and laurels... two full calendar years, plus up to 8 months on the 3rd year depending on mission/college departure. Priest/Laurel adult leadership is generally better than those that occupy the lower tiers (in our ward anyway). No offense intended to the YW/YM 1st/2nd counselors here... I'm sure you are great, just not the best.
                  yeah, you'll have 15, 16, 17 and 18 year olds in priests/laurels. the other weird thought that was brought in my youth SS class is that you could be 14 years old as of today and be a priest come this January 1 - assuming birthday falls in the last two weeks of december.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Overloads the priest quorum. But the main issue that's kind of a bummer for someone in my son's shoes. He's the only boy in his grade in the ward in the older primary class. He's been waiting his whole life to get to deacon's quorum, so that he can be in the same class as his buddies. Now instead of waiting a few months and being with his friends for most of the two years, he'll go alternating one year with all the older kids and one year with the kids in his grade. Not a huge deal but for a policy with little apparent upside, it's kind of like ok hmm whatever.

Comment

• I support it because I'm not some internet tough guy trying to steady the ark.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        I support it because I'm not some internet tough guy trying to steady the ark.
                        You sound like an internet tough guy trying to steady the ark of CougarStadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          You sound like an internet tough guy trying to steady the ark of CougarStadium.
                          Well, yeah. I'm a moderator here with super authority to ban people.

Comment

Working...
                          X