No announcement yet.

General Conference Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as i've mentioned before, i support President Nelson in this because i get where he's coming from and i think it makes sense. but i won't change my habits. I am smr. i'm fat, i'm old, i'm bald and i'm a mormon!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      as i've mentioned before, i support President Nelson in this because i get where he's coming from and i think it makes sense. but i won't change my habits. I am smr. i'm fat, i'm old, i'm bald and i'm a mormon!
      Sustaining-lite, amirite?
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        He raised his left hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          something like that.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            as i've mentioned before, i support President Nelson in this because i get where he's coming from and i think it makes sense. but i won't change my habits. I am smr. i'm fat, i'm old, i'm bald and i'm a mormon!
            Lol you’re fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
              Dude....
              I was thinking the same exact thing. Gross.
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Lol you’re fat.
                and bald! don't forget bald.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  He raised his left hand.
                  A left hand sustaining is not sustaining lite.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• I went down the rabbit hole of reading the comments to one of the Tribune articles about Oaks at General Conference.

Obviously it was full of very predictable comments about how every LDS person must be completely on board with Oaks or exit the church completely. I mean isn’t that true with every organization? If you disagree with one thing your boss says you are obligated to quit ASAP!

Then I see one comment that is apparently so downvoted that it is hidden unless you click a warning link. The comment is “SJWs are a peculiar people.”

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                      “SJWs are a peculiar people.”
                      I wish I had come up with that.

Comment

• Maybe we need a new thread documenting changes. YM/YW now move into Deacons/Beehives in January of the year they turn 12, Teachers/Miamaids in January of the year they turn 14, and Priests/Laurels in January of the year they turn 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          Maybe we need a new thread documenting changes. YM/YW now move into Deacons/Beehives in January of the year they turn 12, Teachers/Miamaids in January of the year they turn 14, and Priests/Laurels in January of the year they turn 16.
                          Ha, I was just about to post the same thing. As I skimmed your post, I initially thought it said 'a new thread lamenting changes'. I'm sure we'll get some of that, too.

Comment

• Sure. I mean, why not. There is absolutely zero doctrinal connection with the current age progressions anyway, so it doesn't really matter when they are ordained.

Comment

• I don't lament this, but selfishly I don't like how much this speeds things up relative to where we are in life. My son turns 10 today (hbd jr!), which means he's only a year and two weeks away from becoming a deacon. My daughter who just turned 13 a couple months ago willl now move into Mia Maids in January. This doesn't physically make them older, but it does mess with how I had been mentally preparing for these milestones.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                                Ha, I was just about to post the same thing. As I skimmed your post, I initially thought it said 'a new thread lamenting changes'. I'm sure we'll get some of that, too.
                                I've already heard some of that. Sister Diddley is in the YW presidency. I guess there are some up and coming Beehives who have some ADHD issues or something. This accelerates their entry into the program almost a year earlier than before.

Comment

Working...
                                X