• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    1- No more g's
    2- No more WoW
    3- Gays can get married in the temple
    4- Women get the priesthood
    5- Church leaders can have beards (tho prob not necessary if item 3 is approved)

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Yeah, I am hearing there are more big changes on the way. No idea what though.

BTW, that article references a recent Trimble essay on policy vs doctrine that I read recently.

https://www.gregtrimble.com/why-the-...ies-overnight/

What a load of crap. For starters, he claims that polygamy was a policy, not doctrine.

For instance, most people believe that polygamy is a celestial law and a core part of the doctrine of eternal families. I dare say that even polygamy was a policy, a temporary exception to the celestial law of monogamy.
      Lol. OK, Greg.

This guy does more damage than good.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I predict that the last momentous GC will be but a snowflake in the blizzard.

OK, not much of a prediction. Seems like everyone in my FB feed is referencing a GA saying this in a stake conference/YA address/mission conference.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Yeah, I am hearing there are more big changes on the way. No idea what though.

BTW, that article references a recent Trimble essay on policy vs doctrine that I read recently.

https://www.gregtrimble.com/why-the-...ies-overnight/

What a load of crap. For starters, he claims that polygamy was a policy, not doctrine.

Lol. OK, Greg.

This guy does more damage than good.
          When you're sealed to multiple people in different dimensions - of course you'll still be sealed to them hereafter in the Celestial Kingdom.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            I predict that the last momentous GC will be but a snowflake in the blizzard.

OK, not much of a prediction. Seems like everyone in my FB feed is referencing a GA saying this in a stake conference/YA address/mission conference.
            I predict it will be more of a drizzle than a blizzard and we will smile at the hyperbole.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Seems like everyone in my FB feed is referencing a GA saying this in a stake conference/YA address/mission conference.
              What are they saying? Right now this is my only source of social media.

Comment

• If only we knew someone with great connections......
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  What are they saying? Right now this is my only source of social media.
                  The overwhelming favorite is the 2 hour block. More realistic wishes include smaller stakes and wards.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

The overwhelming favorite is the 2 hour block. More realistic wishes include smaller stakes and wards.
                    I dread smaller wards. Not sure who is wishing for that. If they are, they are dumb. We have a smaller ward for Davis County. I have three callings. That’s fine because I know it’s not forever. With smaller wards, it would be. More callings, more talks, more everything. If that is what happens I’ll support it and do my part, but I certainly don’t hope for it.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• General Conference Predictions

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      I dread smaller wards. Not sure who is wishing for that. If they are, they are dumb. We have a smaller ward for Davis County. I have three callings. That’s fine because I know it’s not forever. With smaller wards, it would be. More callings, more talks, more everything. If that is what happens I’ll support it and do my part, but I certainly don’t hope for it.
                      Yeah, this is already a thing and it sucks. Hopefully we can go to a 2-hr block to offset it, but I have my doubts.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        This chatter is coming from the ‘mission field’. I think part of the wish is for less area to travel.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• At which session would one expect to witness this predicted blizzard/drizzle/whatever? We'll attend one session and we're trying to decide which one... Not sure if it'd be Saturday a.m. (thus allowing all subsequent speakers to address the blizzard's implications), or Sunday a.m. (the biggest ratings).

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            At which session would one expect to witness this predicted blizzard/drizzle/whatever? We'll attend one session and we're trying to decide which one... Not sure if it'd be Saturday a.m. (thus allowing all subsequent speakers to address the blizzard's implications), or Sunday a.m. (the biggest ratings).
                            If it’s truly big I hope it’s at the Women’s Conference. That would be fun to see the aftermath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              I'd like to put some money down on the 2 hour block thing. Maybe wishful thinking, maybe too early.

Maybe they'll talk about how they're replacing scouting. There'll be at least one talk on the name of the Church. And some announcement will be coming addressing mission calls and how it's not guaranteed you'll get called to go on a proselyting mission--maybe service, etc.
                              This. I guarantee this, if for no other reason than it's been making the rounds since the new Style Guide came out and RMN mentioned it. We even had an entire sacrament meeting dedicated to it.

Comment

• I have been in my fair share of small wards and branches over the past 10 years. I'm with CJF, it kind of sucks and I dont know why anyone would want that over a big ward.

Comment

Working...
                                X