General Conference Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Conference Predictions

I predict that, with Romney and Huntsman running for President, the talks will be even tamer than usual.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
    I predict that, with Romney and Huntsman running for President, the talks will be even tamer than usual.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
      I will be part of the panel that discusses the Saturday Morning session on Mormon Expression. Since I'm sure you were dying to know.

I predict that Saturday Morning will generate nothing interesting for me to talk about. I just said to someone else today that when BKP can't speak his mind without the talk being sanitized virtually instantly that you are looking at an organization with some serious, serious discipline and institutional control.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Here you go:

http://www.ldsresources.net/wp-conte...t_Notebook.pdf

Comment

I predict that, as per custom, I won't watch on Saturday, but instead spend the day off enjoying the nice weather we are supposed to have as well as college football.

Ironic that UtahDan will watch more conference than I will this weekend.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            I predict that, as per custom, I won't watch on Saturday, but instead spend the day off enjoying the nice weather we are supposed to have as well as college football.

Ironic that UtahDan will watch more conference than I will this weekend.
            Yeah, I'm giving this thing a try. Not sure if i will do it twice, we'll see. Lots of jokes that could be made here.

Comment

Announcement:

"BYU has been invited to join the Big Twelve. BKP will be released from service due to declining health (read: senility of judgement in trying to keep BYU from joining the Big 12 and Ahminejad-ish denial of the presence of same-sex attraction) and Brother Doctor Cecil Osborn Samuelson, Jr. will now join the First Presidency".

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                Yeah, I'm giving this thing a try. Not sure if i will do it twice, we'll see. Lots of jokes that could be made here.
                I'm not hating. Good for you to tune in.

Me, on the other hand...I learned long ago that I do not have the attention span for a 2 hour session, much less 5 of them over 2 days. It is way more effective for me to read the talks afterwards. Takes much less time overall and I can actually focus on one talk.

Fall Conference is especially bad because there are so many football games on Saturday. So I stopped pretending a few years ago and my Conference Weekends have been great ever since!

I am probably in the minority, I know, but I find conference weekend to be a bullet to the brain. Others speak of how "excited" they are for conference. I find it so difficult to get amped for it. One of the most boring events of the year for me. Sorry, just being honest.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I can guarantee that I will fall asleep at some point during conference.
                  Not that, sickos.

Comment

Me, on the other hand...I learned long ago that I do not have the attention span for a 2 hour session, much less 5 of them over 2 days. It is way more effective for me to read the talks afterwards. Takes much less time overall and I can actually focus on one talk.

Fall Conference is especially bad because there are so many football games on Saturday. So I stopped pretending a few years ago and my Conference Weekends have been great ever since!

I am probably in the minority, I know, but I find conference weekend to be a bullet to the brain. Others speak of how "excited" they are for conference. I find it so difficult to get amped for it. One of the most boring events of the year for me. Sorry, just being honest.
                    Yeah, this is me too. And since I consider the spoken word therein to be persuasive but not controlling precedent, I predict I will listen to priesthood session from the comfy couches in the foyer, leave early, and take four hours worth of naps on Sunday.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

I get excited for conference because getting ready for church takes just long enough for me to put some pants on when I get out of bed. And I don't have to worry about whether my kids are bothering other people when they are...well, acting like kids.

Also, I predict I will sleep for about 1/2 hour like I usually do during SS.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                        I will be part of the panel that discusses the Saturday Morning session on Mormon Expression. Since I'm sure you were dying to know.
                        That is great. I look forward to listening to the discussion and your assured shout-out to CUF!
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

I'm sure this is very unusual among the CUF crowd. It's a good thing you apologized or you would have been ripped to shreds for that comment.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

I predict 5 Guys before Priesthood Session with my dad and brother. Sunday I am traveling and won't see any of it.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X