Where to eat in Utah Valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
    He said $20 per entree. Communal's current entrees are $16 to $19. The sides are separate, of course, but we usually order a few and share.
    I'm just giving him a hard time after his humble brag.
    Last edited by WashingtonCoug; 09-14-2011, 01:59 PM.
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Art, you can't possibly have a discussion on this topic without relentless mocking from DDD, Grace, the funks, etc. Give me a call and I can walk you through the options.
      Some people's hobby is mocking sushi restaurants other people's hobby is mocking Utah County restaurants.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The living center we have moved my Dad into will let friends come and eat for free while visiting him. I could call them and give them your name. I will tell them you served under Patton together.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          Some people's hobby is mocking sushi restaurants other people's hobby is mocking Utah County restaurants.
          Dude, you can mock both at the same time!

BTW, we enjoyed a lovely dinner at Happy Sumo last night. I recommend the turtle shells, the seared tuna tataki, and the diva roll.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

BTW, we enjoyed a lovely dinner at Happy Sumo last night. I recommend the turtle shells, the seared tuna tataki, and the diva roll.
            Maybe recommend this to Art. He's looking for some Oriental food.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Maybe recommend this to Art. He's looking for some Oriental food.
              No way. I am sending him here:

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/372272...al-market-orem
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Happy Sumo... blah. I've been there a few times and never been impressed. Maybe it's because I've always been there at lunchtime and not in the evening? The sushi I've had there has been mediocre, and the tempura was the 2nd worst I've ever seen, next to the last time I was at Yamato on State Street. It's a little out of the way, but there's a great place we like to go to in Mesa. Totally spoils us from what we've seen around here.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  The living center we have moved my Dad into will let friends come and eat for free while visiting him. I could call them and give them your name. I will tell them you served under Patton together.
                  It's lines like these that make me proud to be a part of your age demographic.

Comment

Los Hermanos, every meal comes with free diarrhea.
                    Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 09-14-2011, 11:03 PM.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                      Happy Sumo... blah. I've been there a few times and never been impressed. Maybe it's because I've always been there at lunchtime and not in the evening? The sushi I've had there has been mediocre, and the tempura was the 2nd worst I've ever seen, next to the last time I was at Yamato on State Street. It's a little out of the way, but there's a great place we like to go to in Mesa. Totally spoils us from what we've seen around here.
                      You have to know what to order. For starters, stay away from the entrees.

See, Art, this is what I am talking about. You ask for advice on Provo establishments and I say something that wasn't even intended to be a recommendation for you and somebody can't resist the urge to chime in and say how awful the place is. As if it is some kind of revelation that there is a sushi place in some other city that is better than one in Provo. Human nature I suppose.

Never fear, my friend. You will survive the weekend!

Comment

Man, I post a Utah-County-based food blog focused on Utah County restaurants, and nobody even bothers to comment on the "wallah" right on the front page.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

El Gallo Giro (the one in Provo)
                          Bangkok Grill (Orem)
                          Bombay House
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Last week I went to Pho Plus in Orem (it's just west of University Mall), and it was delicious. They serve Vietnamese noodles and some other stuff, but I've only had the noodle dishes, so I'm not exactly sure what the other entrees are. In any case, the vegetables were very fresh, the sauces are delicious, and the noodles are fantastic. Art, I'd definitely recommend Pho Plus too.
                            Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Man, I post a Utah-County-based food blog focused on Utah County restaurants, and nobody even bothers to comment on the "wallah" right on the front page.
                              Ok, just for you, I'll bite. What's with "wallah" everywhere? People don't know "voila"???

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                I was going to suggest Pizzeria 712. Unfortunately, my favorite menu item is no longer made. Although, I don't trust this blogger. She loved the special sauce at J-Dawgs which makes me unable to trust her.
                                I ate this about a week ago at the recommendation of many on here and it was pretty good. I would consider going back.

Comment

Working...
                                X