Where to eat in Utah Valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post

We are close to the same age. It was there my first semester as well, and when I got back I think some of the new places were open but the Wilk was mostly under construction.

I only ate there once or twice before my mission because I was on the meal plan in Deseret towers. Taco Bell was a regular for me after my mission because of the quantity of the food at a low price.
    I was also on a meal plan at Deseret Towers - pretty much 2 meals per day. I was working janitorial at the SFLC early mornings that semester so I would typically skip breakfast.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I had Social Dance at 8 am in the East Ballroom of the Wilk, so I would treat myself to a donut or something from the CougarEat afterwards.

Pretty sure I've shared this here before, but one memorable morning while enjoying my donut, i overheard a woman asking, in a somewhat exasperated voice, "Where is the coffee?"
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

I can't stomach Taco Bell anymore.
      My youngest and I love their Nacho Fries.

Comment

• Similarly to Pelado (but preceding him), right after my mission I did a semester on the 4 AM to 8 AM janitorial crew before landing a job at the MTC, where I stayed the rest of my undergraduate days*. After finishing buffing floors at 8:00 AM, I would often head over to Cougareats**, where my go-to meal was biscuits and gravy.

* Apropos of nothing, but just because I was reminded of this fact while writing this, I taught a language in the MTC that is only spoken full-time by one mission, consisting of about 100 American missionaries, and then maybe another 10-20 missionaries in places like New York, Vancouver, and San Fran. As a result, we would occasionally have empty entry classes, and I would be furloughed for two months. Given my finances at the time, I couldn't afford to take two months off. It seems amazing now that I was always able to get a two-month job in these 3 or 4 occasions over a period of 3 years. I delivered pizzas once. I was one of the founding employees of the "Hard Disk Cafe" (WordPerfect's campus cafeteria), and did one or two other things.

** I swear that when I was there it was "Cougareats" and they later changed it to "Cougareat", but maybe this is my own private Mandela effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
          I was one of the founding employees of the "Hard Disk Cafe" (WordPerfect's campus cafeteria).
          I college I worked at WP and would eat at Hard Disk Cafe quite often.

Comment

Working...
          X