Where to eat in Utah Valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to eat in Utah Valley?

Being the cool uncle that I am, I'm taking my 2 nephews, my niece, and their spouses out to dinner, while I'm in town, on Friday night. What non-chain restaurants are good in the UV? These are all college students so I'm sure they will be happy with anything. I'm thinking either steak/potatoes, seafood or oriental in the $20 entree range.

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Being the cool uncle that I am, I'm taking my 2 nephews, my niece, and their spouses out to dinner, while I'm in town, on Friday night. What non-chain restaurants are good in the UV? These are all college students so I'm sure they will be happy with anything. I'm thinking either steak/potatoes, seafood or oriental in the $20 entree range.
    Isn't there a really popular place in the Wilkinson Center? Do they still call it the Cougareat?
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

http://utahvalleyfoodie.blogspot.com/
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        Oriental food hasn't been around for about 20 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          I was going to suggest Pizzeria 712. Unfortunately, my favorite menu item is no longer made. Although, I don't trust this blogger. She loved the special sauce at J-Dawgs which makes me unable to trust her.
          Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 09-14-2011, 12:42 PM.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Oriental. lol
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Try Gloria's Little Italy on Center Street and University. I ate there (IIRC Lebowski recommended it), and loved it. The food there is really delicious.
              Not that, sickos.

Comment

Art, you can't possibly have a discussion on this topic without relentless mocking from DDD, Grace, the funks, etc. Give me a call and I can walk you through the options.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                  Try Gloria's Little Italy on Center Street and University. I ate there (IIRC Lebowski recommended it), and loved it. The food there is really delicious.
                  He wants oriental, not dago.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Oriental food hasn't been around for about 20 years or so.
                    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    Oriental. lol
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    :bringit: FYI I have not one but two "Oriental" Markets located in my town. I hate how rivalrly week brings out the worst of each sides fans....

Thank goodness for decent people like Dude and Saint. To the rest of you.

Comment

I'd go with Pizzeria 712. Spark has good gourmet burgers. Just make sure you get the Angus burgers. I wouldn't get anything else there.
                      "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                      —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Communal is great. Same owners as Pizzeria 712. And I'm not much of a mocker, JL. I just like good food.
                        "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                          Communal is great. Same owners as Pizzeria 712. And I'm not much of a mocker, JL. I just like good food.
                          I would recommend Communal as well. I'm not sure if you're rich enough for that though.
                          "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                          —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I'm helping broaden his horizons.
                            Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                              I would recommend Communal as well. I'm not sure if you're rich enough for that though.
                              He said $20 per entree. Communal's current entrees are $16 to $19. The sides are separate, of course, but we usually order a few and share.
                              "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Working...
                              X