Old-time Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Exactly. I'm not buying those on some website and paying for shipping when I can get them at wal-mart for $.33.
    So is your position that if you can still buy something, it's not old-timey? Or is it that if you can still buy something at the store, it isn't old-timey? Or are you conceding that something can be old-timey but still sold in stores, but that you would be a fool to pay shipping for it when you can get it at the store. Just pinning this down. I'm leaning toward the latter (which is a bit of an about face from your original comment) but I wanted to leave you some outs.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      So is your position that if you can still buy something, it's not old-timey? Or is it that if you can still buy something at the store, it isn't old-timey? Or are you conceding that something can be old-timey but still sold in stores, but that you would be a fool to pay shipping for it when you can get it at the store. Just pinning this down. I'm leaning toward the latter (which is a bit of an about face from your original comment) but I wanted to leave you some outs.
      I am adopting none of your statements as my own.

I will state this: I don't consider candy that is still in mass production and sold in all 50 states in nearly every grocery store and gas station to be "old time candy."
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
        circus peanuts fall under this category. parents who feed those to their kids should be ashamed.
        I still buy those.

I also regularly buy cherry sours, smarties and orange slices.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          I think you have to exclude Cracker Barrel from the "sold in stores" classification.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I still buy those.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I still buy those.

I like cherry sours and orange slices. Circus peanuts were NEVER good. Neither were smarties.
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                I like cherry sours and orange slices. Circus peanuts were NEVER good. Neither were American smarties.
                FIFY

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  FIFY
                  What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                  -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

In other words, The Tick likes M&Ms.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I hope those don't taste like Sixlets.
                      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Bad news. They do.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

MMMM - Smarties cereal.

[YOUTUBE]3EUgbL_x5GM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Bad news. They do.
                            Mmm. I love the waxy taste of Sixlets. Very nostalgic for me.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I love cinnamon bears. You can't find them here, so once in a blue moon when I find myself strolling through the BYU bookstore, I have to buy some. I don't really care for the chocolate covered ones though.
                              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Also, this thread sucks! Danimal and I are low-carbing it right now and all I can think about is candy I haven't eaten in forever.
                                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Working...
                                X