Old-time Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
    Also, this thread sucks! Danimal and I are low-carbing it right now and all I can think about is candy I haven't eaten in forever.
    Want some sixlets?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Want some sixlets?
      If I got desperate enough maybe... I'd eat sixlets long before I'd touch circus peanuts.
      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
        If I got desperate enough maybe... I'd eat sixlets long before I'd touch circus peanuts.
        There is a dirty anti-carney joke in there somewhere.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          I wonder how many of these taste different than what you remember as a kid. My mom used to always talk about cow tales and how great they were. Then a few years ago we bought some and they were absolutely disgusting. Even she thought they were gross.
          Had that experience with Sixlets not long ago.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Mmm. I love the waxy taste of Sixlets. Very nostalgic for me.
            I was stoked to find some in my daughter's Halloween candy last year.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              In other words, The Tick likes M&Ms.

You shut your whore mouth!

They in no way taste like Sixlets.

Sheesh.

TOOBLUE...where are you bro.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                You shut your whore mouth!

They in no way taste like Sixlets.

Sheesh.

TOOBLUE...where are you bro.
                Tooblue doesn't participate here anymore, mostly because of SeattleUte.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

You can buy assorted Zots by the case. I can see my club ordering this for an activity.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      bump
                      I love this thread. A designated place to reminisce about candy we ate as a kid. Thankfully, we also have a place to discuss these candies if and when they hit the market again.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

My dad's favorite candy is Sugar Daddy's. After my parents split, and I moved 3,000 miles away, one of my favorite things was to use my money to send dad his favorite candy. They are tough as leather, and terrible for your teeth, but I snatch them up whenever I see them (which isn't often these days).
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Bump. Bring that licorice discussion here, mods!

Comment

I really love those cinnamon mints from Cafe Rio. I have considered buying a 5 lb. bag for my office.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                            X