No announcement yet.

The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pushed! 80 might have been an underestimate, this guy played almost to his handicap which makes it a lot more fun than the 21 handicap I played last week who shot a 40.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Big day yesterday. Three of the guys decided they want to get into the sheet hanging business like my partner and I do. They got hit for about $200 each.

We on the other hand teamed perfectly and walked away with $340 each.

I just put the money away in the locker so it is available to hand back out on the bad days.

Comment

• I played the worst round of golf ever yesterday. I was driving well all day. In fact, I crushed some drives. But with the exception of my SW I could not keep the ball from squirting off to the right of any of my short irons. I don't know what was wrong but no matter how I set up and addressed the ball I was shanking it. It was the most frustrating round ever. It just killed me mentally. Every shot I was trying something different to fix it and couldn't. Once on the green I was spent and didn't even care to line up my putts.

Though my buddy did take this shot of me driving at the moment of impact. Drunk Tank that's your driver you sold me. Thanks again. I love it.

Last edited by Surfah; 05-04-2012, 06:08 AM.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• Your biceps look ridiculously huge in that pic.
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
            Your biceps look ridiculously huge in that pic.
            You haven't seen me in awhile bro.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              You haven't seen me in awhile bro.
              True. Your head does seem a bit smaller as well. How is the back acne?
              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                True. Your head does seem a bit smaller as well. How is the back acne?
                Clearing up now that I am finished with that cycle.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• I've had a big jump in my game recently. I've done a lot better job of keeping my spine in place while driving the ball. The other day I played WingPointe's front 9 with friends who were preparing for the Utah Am. We played from the farthest back black tee-box. It makes that course really long but my new drive was helping a ton. On the 9th hole (par 4, 434 yards to the pin) I destroyed my drive 319 yds straight over the sand trap on the left side. Biggest and straightest drive ever for me. I shot a 50 for the 9 but considering where we were hitting from, I was really happy.

I'm coming for that 90.

Comment

• Spraying driver, chunking easy fairway shots into the water, 4 putting from the fringe. That about sums up my round this morning. Oh, and three shots out of a bunker on one hole for a double par. After crushing my best drive of the day on 17 (330 yards with wind at my back) and having a realistic chance at an eagle, I hooked a 6-iron into the water and ended up taking an 8. I took out my frustrations on the last hole and ended up with an ugly, ugly 95.

There are always silver linings in any round (I made a 10' putt for birdie on one hole as well as a 12 footer for a par save from the bunker on the longest par 3 on the course) but it's hard to feel good about your game when you end like that.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• 39 on the front, but 42 on the back. Missed 3-4 makeable putts. Getting close, but no cigar yet.

However, my partner who is a 10 shot 73. We cleaned up again.

Comment

• Cold and Rainy here in Portland. Not playing this weekend.

My golf buddy just finished tax season, and he bought himself one of these.

I'm going to keep a set of clubs for him, and we'll just meet at the course so he can have an excuse to ride his new machine out in the country. I asked him how he ever got permission to buy something like that, and his reply was simple - "I don't need permission."
                        Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-04-2012, 11:17 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Played in a scramble on Friday with the Tick and a couple co-workers. We ended with a score of 11 under. Tick had 2 20+ ft putts and 2 chip-ins for birdies. He was on fire.

The winning score was 18 under. This was a huge tournament with 6 flights at 3 different courses. There were 2 hole-in-ones. One guy won a new Tundra, the other won a golf bag. I feel sorry for the guy who won the golf bag. lol. I'd be pissed.
                          "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Was one over bogey playing two balls from the tips at Sleepy Ridge on the back 9. That course is very difficult for me. The wind was blowing a lot. I actually shot the ball pretty well. That was nice after my shank-a-thon last time.

Why golf is crazy:

On a par 5, I shoot three pretty lousy shots: faded off a short tee shot that was barely in bounds on the right side, crappy hybrid that I topped and only went about 180 yards, bladed a pitching wedge from 150 that rolled to the front of the green. Then chip in off the green for birdie.

Two holes later, I hit a perfect tee shot, near perfect approach shot that gets caught in the wind and carried out of bounds, a near perfect pitch (at least for me) that gets me to 10 feet, and a near perfect putt that lips out. All that gets me a double bogey.

Comment

• Went to Golf Galaxy to pick up my new irons and ended up with this as well. Interestingly when comparing against my old driver (Taylor Made 540) in the simulator my backspin RPM went down from around 5000 to 2500. It took some fiddling with the adjustments but ultimately I was hitting the ball much straighter. I also tried the RocketBallz as well as the Titelist and Ping offerings. If I didn't require any of the adjustments the Rocketballz would have been perfectly fine. In fact they felt about the same off the tee. The adjustability put the R11s over the top though and I felt it was worth the extra hundred bucks. Heck of an impulse buy! Hopefully all of this translates to the real course.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                                Was one over bogey playing two balls from the tips at Sleepy Ridge on the back 9. That course is very difficult for me. The wind was blowing a lot.
                                My two sons played at Sleepy Ridge today - teed off about noon. Both kids are 6'4" and 6'5", and hit it a long way. (Just in case you saw some big dudes there today - they were my kids.)

Playing Report May 7, 2012.

41+41=82

Played with Golf Buddy at Forest Hills. We played 18 in 3.5 hours in a cart. First hot day of the year, and course was drying out fast. Greens 8/10. Never got it going, and didn't have a birdie on the day. New clubs continue to amaze me. With the dryer conditions I added a few yards to the irons. When I had to chip it was up and down. My new belly putter is going to save my game. 5/6 footers are expected now, not just a stab and hope. On the day I had 7 bogies, and one triple bogey. No doubles. Driving was very good only missed 2 fairways into the right tree lines. Did have a couple of messed up 3 woods. On the day I probably had only 20 shots that I was satisfied with - the rest were serviceable - and about 3 were awful.

Good to get out with buddy again. He shot a 46/39 and was getting better with each hole.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X