Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 3366

Thread: The Golf Thread

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    kirkland sig balls back in stock. i bought four dozen, but at my handicap i'm not sure i get much value from balls above a certain low standard. we'll see.
    Supposedly these are new old stock, which is good. Costco has a new ball that was recently added to the USGA conforming list, but it is not the one that has just hit stores. It might end up being a different ball altogether.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Before my first surgery (the one on my shattered arm) last August, I asked the doc if I'd ever play golf again and he said, "Probably, but not as well," without even knowing I wasn't that good to begin with, as many here will testify. But despite his skepticism, I set a post-accident goal of running in our school district's annual fun run (an April 15K), and of breaking 90 on the links, both within twelve months.

Two weeks ago I finished the 15K beating last year's time (just under a 10 min/mile, so let's not gush), and today I played golf for the first time since my last bike ride. I putted horribly (44 putts), but shot an 89--I was actually driving better than before the accident. Though neither feat is very noteworthy, I'm feeling very proud, thankful and happy. In part because of my wife's support, and because she is what she is, we're celebrating this evening by dining out and going to the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Supposedly these are new old stock, which is good. Costco has a new ball that was recently added to the USGA conforming list, but it is not the one that has just hit stores. It might end up being a different ball altogether.
    still sitting in the boxes at my house
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Before my first surgery (the one on my shattered arm) last August, I asked the doc if I'd ever play golf again and he said, "Probably, but not as well," without even knowing I wasn't that good to begin with, as many here will testify. But despite his skepticism, I set a post-accident goal of running in our school district's annual fun run (an April 15K), and of breaking 90 on the links, both within twelve months.

Two weeks ago I finished the 15K beating last year's time (just under a 10 min/mile, so let's not gush), and today I played golf for the first time since my last bike ride. I putted horribly (44 putts), but shot an 89--I was actually driving better than before the accident. Though neither feat is very noteworthy, I'm feeling very proud, thankful and happy. In part because of my wife's support, and because she is what she is, we're celebrating this evening by dining out and going to the temple.
    Nice going PAC on the run and golf. It takes some work to be able to break 30 minutes for 3 miles and even a fair putting round puts has you breaking 80 on your round.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

I'm just trying to be like PAC.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I used the K-Sig golf balls for the first time this weekend. For the price it is amazing! Just as long as a Prov1/Prov1X that I could tell, and feels great coming off the club. Maybe not quite as much spin into the greens, but not uncontrollable roll out either. For the money there probably isn't a better ball out there if you can find it in stock.
    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Tank View Post
    I used the K-Sig golf balls for the first time this weekend. For the price it is amazing! Just as long as a Prov1/Prov1X that I could tell, and feels great coming off the club. Maybe not quite as much spin into the greens, but not uncontrollable roll out either. For the money there probably isn't a better ball out there if you can find it in stock.
    New or old stock k-sig?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I believe these to be the old stock, but I am not sure. The boxes look identical to the older ones I have seen. But I just ordered these a couple weeks ago when they became available again, so honestly I couldn't tell you of they are the old or new USGA conforming ones.
    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Adidas has entered into a deal to sell Taylormade, Adams and Ashworth to a new entity formed by KPS Capital Partners, LP. Looks like the deal is worth $425M, half cash, half "other."

In other news, Taylormade signed Rory to a big 14-club + ball equipment deal yesterday that is rumored to be worth up to a quarter of the sales price of TM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

"other."
    rollover equity probs

rollover equity probs
    or assumption of debt
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Adidas has entered into a deal to sell Taylormade, Adams and Ashworth to a new entity formed by KPS Capital Partners, LP. Looks like the deal is worth $425M, half cash, half "other."

In other news, Taylormade signed Rory to a big 14-club + ball equipment deal yesterday that is rumored to be worth up to a quarter of the sales price of TM.
    I was thinking a couple of the top golf guys have to have close to the kind of scratch needed to make a deal like this. Would've been cool to see Lefty or Tiger buy Taylormade and start putting out a signature club.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

So will Rory be golfing TM while rocking Nike apparel a la Jason Day?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    So will Rory be golfing TM while rocking Nike apparel a la Jason Day?
    Yep. He recently extended his Nike deal.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

half of the t10 playing taylormade right now: dj, rory, jason day, justin rose, sergio,

half of the t10 playing taylormade right now: dj, rory, jason day, justin rose, sergio,
    Lots of love for TM's new TP5 ball too, and the spider putter is racking up wins.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Played Glendale for first time yesterday. Man that's an easy course. My kind of golf. Hit the ball left or right, it doesn't matter. Shot 42 over 9, even with the wind. My golf game has sucked this year, but that's about my best score ever over 9.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Played Glendale for first time yesterday. Man that's an easy course. My kind of golf. Hit the ball left or right, it doesn't matter. Shot 42 over 9, even with the wind. My golf game has sucked this year, but that's about my best score ever over 9.
    I love Glendale. Pretty straight track without much trouble (other than trees) but still a fun course.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    I love Glendale. Pretty straight track without much trouble (other than trees) but still a fun course.
    I enjoyed it. My game's not good enough for the courses I play regularly: Hobble, Gladstan, East Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    I enjoyed it. My game's not good enough for the courses I play regularly: Hobble, Gladstan, East Bay.
    even a terrible round at hobble is awesome. love that course.

Been on the road this past week - from Portland to Provo. Played with my son at Soldier Hollow Gold - I shot 89 - he shot 77 - and I got sunburned to the point where my ear swelled up like a cauliflower. Baby got blessed, but there was a hitch - my car got burgled while at church. My wallet was found on a head trail to Timp in Lindon.

For Bo - I got caught up with the Holdaway peoples while I was there.
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-11-2017 at 12:09 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Two quick days of golf, one day of weather was better than the other.

IMG_5138.jpg
    IMG_5107.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

three different orientations.

Am I the only one who knows where they are playing?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    CDA?

three different orientations.
    Straight, bi and asexual. You guess which is which.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Two quick days of golf, one day of weather was better than the other.

Fixed.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    CDA?
    Is that the island green?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Who is the 4th guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Banned*