Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had no idea.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Does anybody have any experience with Private Fairway? I'm thinking of getting myself a 10 time punch pass for father's day.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• New personal best with a 2-under 70. I’ve shot 72 a few times, and 71 once on a par 71, but this was the first time I’ve broken par. Started the round with a birdie on the only hole at my club I had yet to birdie since joining 18 months ago. 7 pars and a bogey to round out the front.

The back 9 consisted of one birdie, one bogey, several scrambling pars, and an eagle on 18. 18 is the easiest hole on the side, so a birdie is always in play with a drive in the fairway. I hit a solid drive and then nutted a 3-wood pin high. 8-footer was right edge and uphill, and just looked good the whole way.

36+34=70

The round lowered my index by 1.1 strokes and I think it will drop another stroke tomorrow for being an “exceptional round” Ie more than 7 strokes better than the expected handicapped score.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          New personal best with a 2-under 70. I’ve shot 72 a few times, and 71 once on a par 71, but this was the first time I’ve broken par. Started the round with a birdie on the only hole at my club I had yet to birdie since joining 18 months ago. 7 pars and a bogey to round out the front.

The back 9 consisted of one birdie, one bogey, several scrambling pars, and an eagle on 18. 18 is the easiest hole on the side, so a birdie is always in play with a drive in the fairway. I hit a solid drive and then nutted a 3-wood pin high. 8-footer was right edge and uphill, and just looked good the whole way.

36+34=70

The round lowered my index by 1.1 strokes and I think it will drop another stroke tomorrow for being an “exceptional round” Ie more than 7 strokes better than the expected handicapped score.

Congratulations!
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Comment

New personal best with a 2-under 70. I’ve shot 72 a few times, and 71 once on a par 71, but this was the first time I’ve broken par. Started the round with a birdie on the only hole at my club I had yet to birdie since joining 18 months ago. 7 pars and a bogey to round out the front.

36+34=70

Nice round Dhole.

Comment

• DH - Great Job! - Did you play them with you New Level clubs - or did you ditch them for something new this year?

My lowest was 71 for 18 - and my lowest for 9 was 33.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  DH - Great Job! - Did you play them with you New Level clubs - or did you ditch them for something new this year?

My lowest was 71 for 18 - and my lowest for 9 was 33.

Thanks fellas. the 70 was obviously an anomaly, as my last three rounds have been 81, 80, and 82. That didn't stop GHIN from dropping my index 2.1 strokes for the single round.

Clack, I gamed my NL ModB-1 irons regularly for about a year. Very forgiving. Loved that about them. Then, last summer I played early one morning near my house, and my clubs were still at my golf club near my office. I had actually given my previous gamers to a friend, so I grabbed my old old set (knockoff T-Racs circa 2002) and threw those in the cart. I mainly used my playing partner's clubs all round, and the distance I was getting with his P790s was notable. LIke easy a full club to club and a half longer than my New Levels. So I looked up lofts and did a comparison and the lofting on the clubs was the same. I went and tested out P790s with a launch monitor and they were about 12 yards longer on average. So i found a used set of 2019 P790s and have been gaming them ever since. Very happy with them, and the NLs are now my backup set.

I've seriously considered the NL 902-OS. I've hit them and they feel really great. But the reviews all say they are on the short side, and I don't think i'm ready to give up any distance just yet.

I still game my tri-weight New Level 56 degree wedge. Love that thing.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Anyone have a good suggestion for golf in Lumberton NC or Florence SC region? I've looked at the bunch of places but wondering if anyone has personal experience there.
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• My neighbor volunteers for SAS Championship (minor PGA event) and got a free round that he couldn't use. Since yesterday was Mid 70s I got to play https://www.prestonwood.com/golf/cou...airways-course for free which was really nice. Shot a 44 on the front 9 and then shit the bed on the back 9 to end up with a 96. Fun course though.
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                        My neighbor volunteers for SAS Championship (minor PGA event) and got a free round that he couldn't use. Since yesterday was Mid 70s I got to play https://www.prestonwood.com/golf/cou...airways-course for free which was really nice. Shot a 44 on the front 9 and then shit the bed on the back 9 to end up with a 96. Fun course though.
                        Jealous.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So many great golf courses out there. If I think about it for too long, I can get sad about the number of great golf courses i'll never never get to play.

Comment

So many great golf courses out there. If I think about it for too long, I can get sad about the number of great golf courses i'll never never get to play.
                            Sorrow not for what can't be, rather glory in what is.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Sorrow not for what can't be, rather glory in what is.
                              NO.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

NO.
                                Profound.
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X