• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfer from Draper, sophomore at BYU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      Golfer from Draper, sophomore at BYU.
      Rhett Rasmussen? Good to see he is playing better now. Had a bit of a disappointing season.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Preston Summerhays, nephew of Daniel Summerhays, won the Utah Amateur today. He the youngest champion in the event's 120 year history.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Preston Summerhays, nephew of Daniel Summerhays, won the Utah Amateur today. He the youngest champion in the event's 120 year history.
          punked some utah nerd too
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Preston Summerhays, nephew of Daniel Summerhays, won the Utah Amateur today. He the youngest champion in the event's 120 year history.
            Cougars(caring about)UtahForum lives forever!
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Kid is on a roll. Won the USGA Amateur qualifier at Soldier Hollow by turning in a 65, 60 for a 125 total. 19 under in two days and won by 8 shots.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I’ve got the itch to play, but Mother Nature isn’t cooperating very well. In the meantime, this video is fun.

Comment

• Snuck in a round this weekend while in St. George with the fam. I played Green Springs at least a hundred times growing up, but usually in the Summer (Spring/Fall golf in STG is pricey for a poor high school and college student). I had honestly never noticed what amazing views that course has. Gorgeous.

I played solo, and the course was relatively empty, so it was a quick round. I did have to play through a twosome on 10. It was super satisfying to get the wave through, stick an 8-iron to 6 feet and drain the birdie. That is usually the exact opposite of what happens for me when I get waved through.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Snuck in a round this weekend while in St. George with the fam. I played Green Springs at least a hundred times growing up, but usually in the Summer (Spring/Fall golf in STG is pricey for a poor high school and college student). I had honestly never noticed what amazing views that course has. Gorgeous.

I played solo, and the course was relatively empty, so it was a quick round. I did have to play through a twosome on 10. It was super satisfying to get the wave through, stick an 8-iron to 6 feet and drain the birdie. That is usually the exact opposite of what happens for me when I get waved through.

Yeah - the wave through is a sure bogey if not a double.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• I played in a work scramble last week and had a blast. When I pulled out my golf bag, I didn’t recognize the driver or 5 wood. Both were TaylorMade Aero Burners. I guess I bought them circa 2015-2016.

At any rate, I caught the golf bug again. I spent an hour at the range and feel like I really improved my aim and allignment. I’ve taken golf lessons twice and do t necessarily feel they helped. Any tips for the DIY golfer?
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        I played in a work scramble last week and had a blast. When I pulled out my golf bag, I didn’t recognize the driver or 5 wood. Both were TaylorMade Aero Burners. I guess I bought them circa 2015-2016.

At any rate, I caught the golf bug again. I spent an hour at the range and feel like I really improved my aim and allignment. I’ve taken golf lessons twice and do t necessarily feel they helped. Any tips for the DIY golfer?
                        the key that most high handicappers don’t realize is that it’s basically all about equipment. unless you have the latest titleist blades it’s not worth taking lessons.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I played in a work scramble last week and had a blast. When I pulled out my golf bag, I didn’t recognize the driver or 5 wood. Both were TaylorMade Aero Burners. I guess I bought them circa 2015-2016.

A few that I always seem to forget and have to constantly work on:

1. Don’t swing too hard. Find a nice, 85% swing strength and make that your repeatable swing.
                          2. Learn your distances. Knowing accurate distances for each club speeds up a round and makes your missed less impactful.
                          3. When the flag is in the fat part of the green, aim for the flag. When it’s not, aim for the middle of the green.
                          4a. For pros, length off the tee is critical. You’re not a pro. Hitting it straight off the tee is way more important than hitting it long off the tee.
                          4b. Quality chipping and putting will knock way more strokes off your score than gaining 20-30 yards off the tee.
                          5. Play from the whites. No shame in that, and it helps speed up the round.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            the key that most high handicappers don’t realize is that it’s basically all about equipment. unless you have the latest titleist blades it’s not worth taking lessons.
                            And PXG woods.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If you're interested in improving your swing at home, you can do a lot without the ball. There are a ton of good YouTube instructors out there with lots of good free videos. Pick one or two that you like and work on one aspect of your swing at a time.

Do lots of reps without the ball. Take video of your swing and then watch in slo mo to see what you are really doing. You might think you've got a nice on plane swing going only to find out you are severely over the top.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The short game is the easiest place to shave strokes off your game.
                                Practice your 8 iron till you can't stand it any more. When you're on a course a 7 will be easy, and a 9 and wedge will seem automatic.
                                Take the club away online with the pin (first ten inches) and then swing through the ball with the club head online with the pin. It the blade is square at impact - it'll be a good shot.
                                Don't try to get fancy and move the ball - just try and hit it straight.
                                Like DH said - 85% swing effort is best. Keeping the ball in play is always better than slowing everyone else down because your looking for your ball.
                                Don't be a hot head. Nobody likes that guy.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X