No announcement yet.

The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Son played in the Utah Amateur played at Odgen CC this past Monday and Tuesday. He didn't play all that well (81/83) but he did have the moment of a lifetime when he holed it from 219. He said when it left the club it felt really good, and was right on line.... and he yelled at the ball "get in the hole." There were some tournament officials standing off the back of the green, and when he walked up a man pointing to the hole said, "don't bother looking for your ball - it's right in there"

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• The Golf Thread

USGA and RA finally decided that allowing idiots with a DVR and phone to act as rules officials was not a good way to run a sport (sorry about that major you lost, Lexi). Also several other common sense fixes.

Though it will never happen I wish OBs would be treated like lateral hazards. It is how many weekend hackers already play and would help to speed up play

http://www.golfchannel.com/article/g...item-graphics/
      Last edited by Art Vandelay; 12-11-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Yesterday was Mothers day so we went to my moms house for the family shindig. They live on a private country club course, right off a green, and there was ZERO action on the course. We were there for four hours and no one played through on the nicest day of the year so far.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Lots of spring wildlife on the course this week. Ducklings, goslings, a billion rabbits, and this little guy:

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• who was it here that got tickets from the masters lottery?
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              who was it here that got tickets from the masters lottery?
              The Tick, but then he sold them.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• well it’s open now. i will go if i get tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  The Tick, but then he sold them.
                  Allegedly! Lol.

New job allows for no vacation days for the first 5 work days of the month. What was I supposed to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                    Allegedly! Lol.

New job allows for no vacation days for the first 5 work days of the month. What was I supposed to do?
                    did you say you would take tix for any day?

Comment

• Submitted my entry. Didn't request any practice days.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

did you say you would take tix for any day?
                        I always put requests in for the max of everything allowable. Last year was the first year I hit. I've been submitting for as long as they have been doing it.

100% random. I just happened to get 2 tickets for Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          I always put requests in for the max of everything allowable. Last year was the first year I hit. I've been submitting for as long as they have been doing it.

100% random. I just happened to get 2 tickets for Sunday.
                          so lucky

Comment

so lucky
                            Yep. And it happened to be in a year when Tiger was healthy and playing well leading up to it.

I got crazy money for them, and I probably left cash on the table.

Comment

• At the grand old age of 19, Rhett just qualified for the US Open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                At the grand old age of 19, Rhett just qualified for the US Open.
                                Who is Rhett again?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X