No announcement yet.

The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been swinging the Adams Speedline 9032LS with a Voodoo shaft that Drunk Tank sold me but I picked up a Srixon Z-Star 10.5 degree driver with a Diamana Blueboard shaft. Also got a 3w and 5w and 4hybrid to round out the set. So now I am all Srixon in my bag aside from a Callaway SW and my Odyssey White Hot putter.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I'm embarrassed for you.
      I know.

I also often wear a Callaway hat with Under Armour or Nike golf shirts.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I know.

All my shirts are Nike. I have a TW hat I usually wear or a Titelist cap. Nike shoes. My bag is a Maxfli bag I picked up at Costco like 7 years ago.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• Speaking of Nike, I really dig those golf shoes that are the retro Dunk knockoffs. I like the black and green even though they stink of the Boston Celtics.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            How many clubs do you guys rock in your bag? I assume th standard bag will have irons 3-PW, but I have seen some dudes tote around several types of wedges, two putters, different amounts of fairway woods (or none besides a driver), etc. What do you have in your set? Also, are you old school....do you carry a ball retriever?
            Carrying a ball retriever is equivalent to having reflectors on your bike.

Driver - TM R9
            3 wood - TM R11
            Hybrid - TM 19 degree
            Irons - TM Burner 4-9
            Wedges - TM Pitch, Gap, Sand and a Lob
            Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

My golf buddy growing up reps Taylor Made so I get a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I know.

I almost never wear hats, due to my freakishly large head. So that doesn't bother me.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Diver-TM R11
                3 Wood-TM Burner
                5 Wood-TM R11
                Irons 5-9,PW,Gap-Mizuno JPX 800
                4 hybrid-Mizuno JPX FLI-HI
                Wedges-Callaway 56 and 60
                Putter-Ancient Bullseye

No ball retriever as I do not list looking for lost balls among my hobbies.

Comment

• Driver: Sumo Sq 5900
                  Hybrids: Adams 2-3, Nickent 4-5
                  Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 6-A
                  Wedges: still trying to sort it out. right now it's a Ping 52, and a Callaway 54, 58
                  Putter: Odyssey mallet style

Only 13 clubs, but I wouldn't know what to add.

Comment

• Saturday. At least it wasn't a 93, it was an 88. Sadly I have started shanking my chips out of the rough again.

On the last hole I chipped out of the rough with my driver. Actually knocked it only 10 feet away, but missed the put.

I have hit the distraught mode. I might start dating again.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      Saturday. At least it wasn't a 93, it was an 88. Sadly I have started shanking my chips out of the rough again.

On the last hole I chipped out of the rough with my driver. Actually knocked it only 10 feet away, but missed the put.

I have hit the distraught mode. I might start dating again.
                      - Stand just a tad farther from the ball. (as you know) Shanks are hitting the hosel not the club face. Just make it harder the hit the hosel.

- Putting out of the rough is often a better option, and I find myself doing that more lately.

- Don't do anything rash like dating. Yesterday, I spent 12 hours sitting next to a woman in a car. Tread lightly.
                      Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-13-2012, 09:03 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Driver - TM r11 (though I feel like lately i'm not hitting it as well as I hit my old r7)

5-wood - Dunlop Parfect (the lone remnant of my very first set of clubs. I think the loft on this club is about the same as a 6-iron. Not something I hit very often, but every once in a while I need a club to go 190 and land soft as can be)

3-hybrid - TM r13 (Ok, it's really a Ben Hogan CFT that I painted white--the original navy blue color bugged me)

4-PW - System 3000s (Knock-off TM 300s)

Wedges - Cleveland (52 and 56 CG14; 60 cg12)

Putter - Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman blade

I also carry a TM 52 degree wedge which I use as my "rock wedge" for hitting out of the junk (a necessity in Vegas, IMO).
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                          - Stand just a tab farther from the ball. (as you know) Shanks are hitting the hosel not the club face. Just make it harder the hit the hosel.

- Putting out of the rough is often a better option, and I find myself doing that more lately.

- Don't do anything rash like dating. Yesterday I spent 12 hours sitting next to a woman in a car. Tread lightly.
                          clackamascoug putts from the rough?

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Driver - TM R11
                            3Wood - TM Burner SF2.0
                            5-P - Mizuno MX-25
                            Sand - TM Burner
                            60˚ - Callaway Gold
                            Putter - TM Rossa Monza

Comment

• Drive and 3 wood. Calloway Razr

21 degree rescue. Ping

4 iron through 60 degree wedge. Mizuno JPX 800

Putter. Some kind of knock off. It is like an Odessy mallot

Golf balls. Titleist Pro V1

Comment

• Driver-Cleveland Hi-Bore XL 10.5 S
                                3wood-Tour Edge Exotics CB
                                Hybrids--Nickent 3dx (3 & 4)
                                Irons-Mizuno MP-30 4-PW
                                Wedges-Titleist Vokey 52 (gap), Cleveland 588s 56 (SW) and 60
                                Putter-Mizuno Bettinardi C-04
                                Ball Retriever

I leave clubs out of the bag depending on what i feel like and the course I'm playing.

I played my 2nd nine this year over the weekend...it's funny how fast it gets back under my skin and I want to play again so badly. This twice a year thing of late is no good. Was 2-over through the first 6, then fell apart a bit to finish with a 44. Score aside, I'm really enjoying golf again. Maybe playing less has something to do with it, as I'm loose and have zero expectations.

Comment

Working...
                                X