No announcement yet.

The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-hole, shaka and CJ are not going to believe this but I just shot a 6 over 42 on the front 9 at riverside. Whatever happened on the back nine at TP to my game has stuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      D-hole, shaka and CJ are not going to believe this but I just shot a 6 over 42 on the front 9 at riverside. Whatever happened on the back nine at TP to my game has stuck.
      Good for you. I really like Riverside. I had a carryover from TP. I shot a 89 on Weds. and a 93 on Fri. I was quite proud of myself though. Only one club thrown in the two rounds. Sat. an 82. I hope I have shaken it.

Comment

D-hole, shaka and CJ are not going to believe this but I just shot a 6 over 42 on the front 9 at riverside. Whatever happened on the back nine at TP to my game has stuck.
        I have not played since TP at all. I can see you shooting that, like I said you have a good swing it was just clear that you do not play often enough. I am sure you are good at other sports as well some guys just have natural athletic ability, for me nothing comes natural.
        *Banned*

Comment

That does not surprise me at all. You have an effortless swing, which, when controlled, lends itself to a beautiful, power-draw ball flight. That drive you hit on # 8 at TG was about as perfect a drive as i've ever seen.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I played at Badlands this morning. Went out in 46. The Desperado 9 at Badlands is pretty short, so I was hitting (duffing) my hybrid 2 off the tee all round, which ended up costing me quite a few strokes. My irons were money, and on the back, when I started using my driver to tee off, I was on fire. 6 of 7 fairways and 7 of 9 greens. I even chipped in for birdie on one of the par 3s. I came in at 38 to finish with 84.

To make my round even better, one of the guys I played with gave (gave, as in free. gratis) me a nearly-new Cleveland 60-degree wedge. He saw me chipping with my 56, and asked why I didn't use a 60. I told him I didn't have one, and he said "I have 3. You want one?" Good way to start the weekend.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• http://www.tetonsprings.com/golf/pro.../golf_club.htm

I'll be playing here tomorrow. These are by far the best greens I have ever played. They are fast (13) and true. With the leaves turning and the Tetons in the background it should be fun in spite of the big number I'm afraid I'll shoot tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                http://www.tetonsprings.com/golf/pro.../golf_club.htm

I'll be playing here tomorrow. These are by far the best greens I have ever played. They are fast (13) and true. With the leaves turning and the Tetons in the background it should be fun in spite of the big number I'm afraid I'll shoot tomorrow.
                That looks awesome. Be sure to return and report.

EDIT: And LONG! A couple 500 yard Par 4s. Driver, 3-wood into the green is always fun.
                Last edited by Donuthole; 10-16-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  I played at Badlands this morning. Went out in 46. The Desperado 9 at Badlands is pretty short, so I was hitting (duffing) my hybrid 2 off the tee all round, which ended up costing me quite a few strokes. My irons were money, and on the back, when I started using my driver to tee off, I was on fire. 6 of 7 fairways and 7 of 9 greens. I even chipped in for birdie on one of the par 3s. I came in at 38 to finish with 84.

To make my round even better, one of the guys I played with gave (gave, as in free. gratis) me a nearly-new Cleveland 60-degree wedge. He saw me chipping with my 56, and asked why I didn't use a 60. I told him I didn't have one, and he said "I have 3. You want one?" Good way to start the weekend.
                  You should have asked him for his other one too!!!!
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I played today at Bountiful Ridge, and it was a near perfect day. The temperature was great and there was just a slight breeze. I walked 18 and despite the hills, I barely broke a sweat.
                    The fall colors are brilliant right now. I finished in just under 3 hours. I shot my best round of the year (89). I only lost one ball, but found 6 good balls. I even had a chip-in birdie. It was such a gorgeous day, I had to tell someone.

Comment

• Didnt play this weekend, but I went to the local pro shop and bought my 10 y.o. clubs for his birthday. While I was there, I hit the new ping i15's. I really like them, but I want to hit other clubs first. Mrs. DT has promised me new clubs for Christmas, so I need to get cracking.

They have the new Mizuno's there (mx300's) but they want 899.00 for the irons and I didnt have the chance to hit them. Does the price seem high? Seems I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Their price on the Pings is $799.00. They charge $90 to be fit, but give you $45.00 discount if you buy the clubs from them. I want to get the best deal possible, so I need to shop around.

Any other club recomendations?
                      "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                        Didnt play this weekend, but I went to the local pro shop and bought my 10 y.o. clubs for his birthday. While I was there, I hit the new ping i15's. I really like them, but I want to hit other clubs first. Mrs. DT has promised me new clubs for Christmas, so I need to get cracking.

They have the new Mizuno's there (mx300's) but they want 899.00 for the irons and I didnt have the chance to hit them. Does the price seem high? Seems I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Their price on the Pings is $799.00. They charge $90 to be fit, but give you $45.00 discount if you buy the clubs from them. I want to get the best deal possible, so I need to shop around.

Any other club recomendations?
                        The Taylor Made Burners. Everyone I know that hits them has loved them. They only give you half the money of the fitting back to you if you buy clubs from them? I thought most places that do the fitting free if you buy from them.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Played Sleepy Ridge in Orem last week, shot a 44 on the front, and a 38 on the back. I was even through 8 on the back and doubled the 18th. So while I was happy with my round I was not happy with my finish. Also I fixed my slice, I am ready for the next CUF tourney.
                          *Banned*

Comment

• My dad recently got fitted for Ping i15's. I think the fitting was included in the price of the clubs.

He was very impressed by the Ping rep that did the fitting. Very knowledgable, and he went into a lot more detail than the guys at Uinta golf. He will also do a follow-up fitting. After my dad plays 6-7 rounds, the Ping rep told him not to wash or wipe his clubs after his last round and let the rep look at them to see where he is striking the ball, and where the club is striking the ground.

The Pings are also very light compared to my Taylormades. Next time I am in the marked for irons I think I will save up and do the same thing.

Comment

• When I worked in a pro shop and fit people for clubs, we never charged. They charge so people dont get fit, then run to ebay or the internet to buy. Used to happen to us all the time.
                              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• My $.02: buy a $150-200 pair of knockoffs and use the extra $300-400 to play a lot more golf. Until you are a low-single digit handicapper, cutting-edge, name-brand equipment will do little to nothing for your game, but an extra 20 rounds of golf will knock a lot of strokes off your scores.

Comment

Working...
                                X