Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 3,331 to 3,347 of 3347

Thread: The Golf Thread

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Who is the 4th guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CEO of large management company- another Duck lover.

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Who is the 4th guy?

Brooks Koepka
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Am I the only one who knows where they are playing?
    That island green looks like Coeur D'Alene.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Won The Master's ticket lottery this morning. I was selected for two tickets for Sunday April 8th.

This is going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Won The Master's ticket lottery this morning. I was selected for two tickets for Sunday April 8th.

This is going to be fun.

Don't break the Sabbath, Tick. It's not worth it.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

This is going to be fun.
    Well, you won't get to see Bones caddy for Phil at next year's Masters. The two announced their breakup today after 25 years working together.

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/6...die-split-ways
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Well, you won't get to see Bones caddy for Phil at next year's Masters. The two announced their breakup today after 25 years working together.

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/6...die-split-ways
    I didn't have to worry about that anyways. My tickets are for the final round.

Wow that is truly hitting the lottery. Final Round! What state did you apply from? The only time I ever won tickets is when I sent in the forms from Hawaii, while staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Wow that is truly hitting the lottery. Final Round! What state did you apply from? The only time I ever won tickets is when I sent in the forms from Hawaii, while staying there.
    California

Anyone ever play golf in Cabo? Looking for a recommendation...

Anyone ever play golf in Cabo? Looking for a recommendation...
    No.

Are you still playing pretty regularly? I wonder what your cap is these days. I remember the days when you and DT were playing a ton and watching your scores drop into the 80s and then low 80s.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

This is going to be fun.
    One of those seats right behind the 12th tee would be a nice place to sit. You could see the approach on 11, all of 12 and the tee shot on 13.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Congrats Tick! I got to see those practice rounds a couple of years ago and it was an amazing time. A final round would be awesome. Lots of pimento sandwiches!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    No.

Are you still playing pretty regularly? I wonder what your cap is these days. I remember the days when you and DT were playing a ton and watching your scores drop into the 80s and then low 80s.
    Going back to school at BYU-I has killed my golf game. I went from 6-8 rounds a month to maybe two rounds every three months now. I got down to a 7 HDCP, but I am an 11.7 right now. I'll be honest...I'm not mentally strong enough to play to a 7. I lost confidence in my game and I went from the low 80's to the mid 90's pretty quick.

Sometime in 2019 it should pick right back up. Maybe.

Going back to school at BYU-I has killed my golf game. I went from 6-8 rounds a month to maybe two rounds every three months now. I got down to a 7 HDCP, but I am an 11.7 right now. I'll be honest...I'm not mentally strong enough to play to a 7. I lost confidence in my game and I went from the low 80's to the mid 90's pretty quick.

Sometime in 2019 it should pick right back up. Maybe.
    School is good, but golf is also good. Thanks for the update.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

My Son played in the Utah Amateur played at Odgen CC this past Monday and Tuesday. He didn't play all that well (81/83) but he did have the moment of a lifetime when he holed it from 219. He said when it left the club it felt really good, and was right on line.... and he yelled at the ball "get in the hole." There were some tournament officials standing off the back of the green, and when he walked up a man pointing to the hole said, "don't bother looking for your ball - it's right in there"

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Default The Golf Thread

USGA and RA finally decided that allowing idiots with a DVR and phone to act as rules officials was not a good way to run a sport (sorry about that major you lost, Lexi). Also several other common sense fixes.

Though it will never happen I wish OBs would be treated like lateral hazards. It is how many weekend hackers already play and would help to speed up play

http://www.golfchannel.com/article/g...item-graphics/
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 12-11-2017 at 09:12 PM.