Ryan Hall sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Hall sighting

My wife just ran into Ryan Hall while out on a run on the local river trail. Well, she didn't exactly run into him, but ran past him a couple of times.

I just read in Running times that he just moved to Redding to be near his church, Bethel Church. Pretty cool. Although I'm pretty miffed that the article says that Redding doesn't have much of a running scene. They have obviously never been here. We've got hundreds of miles of trails, both paved and dirt, flat and hilly. He is losing the altitude benefit of living in Mammoth, as we are only 500 feet above sea level.

Looking forward to seeing him around.

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
    Well, she didn't exactly run into him, but ran past him a couple of times.
    She lapped him? That's one fast wife you've got!

Comment

I wonder who will win the Turkey Trot this year?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
        I wonder who will win the Turkey Trot this year?
        That could make things interesting at the turkey trot and the john frank run if he decides to do some of the local races and word gets out.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
          That could make things interesting at the turkey trot and the john frank run if he decides to do some of the local races and word gets out.
          He does not normally get out for the local runs. At least around here he didn't.

Comment

Another sighting this morning. My wife ran past him while he was taking a rest break from an interval session. 2 weeks until Chicago for him.

Comment

Ryan and Sara Hall have settled in and now call Redding their home. At least for now. They've been here for about 7 years and are now raising their 4 new children here, adopted a couple of years ago from Ethiopia. Super nice people and their kids are darling. Their oldest daughter just transferred to my son's school for the upcoming school year. She is a fantastic runner, having only run for about 18 months, but winning the section XC meet and qualifying for state her freshman year. She also had a solid track season this spring, taking second in sections in the 2 mile.

Long story short - seeing an opportunity to take a break this season, our long-time XC coach is sitting out this season and Ryan is now the head coach of my son's XC team. Last season he did some personal coaching for another kid in town, and led him to a 6th place finish at state. He is currently spending the summer in Ethiopia, so he is coordinating the pre-season training program from half way around the world via email, planning to return in a few weeks for the rest of the school year. Super excited to have him more involved in the program and the school.

Comment

They are good follows on twitter. They seem like incredible people, very down to earth, and willing to give back. You are lucky to have them in your community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

That's awesome. What a great experience for your son.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                  X