The official Internet speed test thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    One of these days, UTOPIA will make it to my house.
    my in laws' utopia connection has not been good.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

The mention of Comcast in that other thread got me thinking about this thread. It's interesting seeing the speeds everyone was getting back in 2011. Lebowski was styling with 100Mb from his office. My how times have changed.

This is the latest from home:

Internet.jpg

Comment

The hotel I was at the last week or so came at frustrating .11 mbps at its slowest and .85 mbps at its fastest. Trying to work was next to impossible and calling home on a messenger program was not an option.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Can anybody beat that?
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

Can anybody beat that?
            I'm sure a lot of people could. Like you have the fastest internet in the world. GTFO with that.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

Can anybody beat that?
              Ho hum...

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Ho hum...

That's celestial service.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

UTOPIA is in the process of hooking up our neighborhood. Not sure if that's any different than Google Fiber speeds. But I'll probably stick with CenturyLink until I need more speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    UTOPIA is in the process of hooking up our neighborhood. Not sure if that's any different than Google Fiber speeds. But I'll probably stick with CenturyLink until I need more speed.
                    What are you paying centurylink? Utopia plans are around $35 for 250Mbps, $48 for 1Gbps.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      What are you paying centurylink? Utopia plans are around $35 for 250Mbps, $48 for 1Gbps.
                      What about equipment? I'll look at it closer. We're paying $45 total per month.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        That's celestial service.
                        Yes indeed.

Thank you for pitching me that opportunity to show off. #nerdgasm
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          Plus something like $30/mo on top of that just for being hooked up.

Comment

• With everyone working and schooling from home, my internet speed has taken a hit. Just clocked 44 mbps down and 8 up on my wifi.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Using my phone, I got 49.6 down and 10.0 up on wifi. 33.1 down and 24.1 up over T-Mobile.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

Can anybody beat that?
                                For download, yes. For upload, almost. This is the best home internet I've ever had.
                                Sparklight.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X