The official Internet speed test thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtest.jpg

$90/month. I've clocked 963 in the past but that was before corona caused everyone and their dog to hammer the nearest nodes.

Upload is obviously capped at 30 but I don't really do anything, such as outbound streaming, that would warrant faster upload speeds.

EDIT: Figured I might as well crop my IP address although bots hammer on my public IP all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
      For download, yes. For upload, almost. This is the best home internet I've ever had.
      [ATTACH]10114[/ATTACH]
      Probably the same provider:

Speedtest 2020-04-03 13.05.54.png
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        Using my phone, I got 49.6 down and 10.0 up on wifi. 33.1 down and 24.1 up over T-Mobile.
        My phone on Verizon just did 3.42 Mbps down and 1.27 up. Not impressive. So I tested again and got 5.16 and 4.01. Still not impressed.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 22.2 down 9.49 up on T-Mobile. That result should help keep me from jonesing for a 5G phone for a couple minutes.
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Probably the same provider:

[ATTACH]10118[/ATTACH]
            Which is?
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              Which is?
              Sparklight. Formerly known as CableOne.

Comment

Sparklight. Formerly known as CableOne.
                Yip. That was at my office. At home I just tested over wifi with my CenturyLink setup and got 25.4 Mbps down and 9.95 up. Verizon is getting me 4.71 up and 4.99 down.
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Yip. That was at my office. At home I just tested over wifi with my CenturyLink setup and got 25.4 Mbps down and 9.95 up. Verizon is getting me 4.71 up and 4.99 down.
                  How's the reliability of that CenturyLink internet? Every few weeks somebody on the local Neighborhood chat asks if others are having outages or super slow. Then someone else will explain how you have to reset it regularly, or some other thing that you shouldn't have to do. Haven't seen a single mention of issues with Sparklight.

Comment

How's the reliability of that CenturyLink internet? Every few weeks somebody on the local Neighborhood chat asks if others are having outages or super slow. Then someone else will explain how you have to reset it regularly, or some other thing that you shouldn't have to do. Haven't seen a single mention of issues with Sparklight.
                    I don't recollect having issues with CenturyLink in Orem--at least this time around. We had them a few years back and they were pretty pedestrian. They've upgraded their network, no doubt.

Comment

Usually fine.
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Usually fine.
                        By "usually" does that mean that it only craps out once in a while?

Comment

By "usually" does that mean that it only craps out once in a while?
                          There have been outages. Haven't had any problems I'm aware of since they came out and upgraded to a bonded pair. The tech replaced the outside box with new hardware (the old box came with the house almost 30 years ago) and some poor wiring and haven't had any issues since.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• When I run the test on my eero app it comes back pretty fast:

But when I run it on speed test it’s much slower.

FTR when I run it on my POS laptop it comes back at 1.24 down and 3.26 up. Why the discrepancies?

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              When I run the test on my eero app it comes back pretty fast:

But when I run it on speed test it’s much slower.

FTR when I run it on my POS laptop it comes back at 1.24 down and 3.26 up. Why the discrepancies?

It's usually your memory/CPU limiting it with everything already running. If you were to start your computer in safe mode with networking, you'd get a much closer result to what eero is showing you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                              "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

• Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
                                It's usually your memory/CPU limiting it with everything already running. If you were to start your computer in safe mode with networking, you'd get a much closer result to what eero is showing you.
                                Good info. Thanks.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X