Podcast Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Adnan's case will be reviewed by the state appeals court.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...granted-appeal
    My daughter will be happy. She really wants him to be innocent.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• This American Life's last week's podcast is a somewhat depressing, yet eye-opening discussion about how strong cultural factors are in education. It's very interesting hearing smart people in their own words describe why they chose not to take advantage of scholarships that they earned:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...50/three-miles
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• For those who listened to Serial, I highly recommend you listen to Undisclosed, Episode 3 - Jay's Day. It was just published on Tuesday.

Comment

• FYI, a new Hardcore History episode is available.
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by scottie View Post
            For those who listened to Serial, I highly recommend you listen to Undisclosed, Episode 3 - Jay's Day. It was just published on Tuesday.
            I'm listening to Undisclosed. I think I might be done with it after this episode.

Are they trying to say Jay had nothing to do with the cover up of the murder and was coached the entire time?

A few taps and rustling of papers is the evidence?

Also now it's irrefutable that Adnan was at track practice?

I loved the teaser ending, was Jay talking to the cops the entire time? Did he really lead them to Hae's car?

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
              I'm listening to Undisclosed. I think I might be done with it after this episode.

Are they trying to say Jay had nothing to do with the cover up of the murder and was coached the entire time?

A few taps and rustling of papers is the evidence?

Also now it's irrefutable that Adnan was at track practice?

I loved the teaser ending, was Jay talking to the cops the entire time? Did he really lead them to Hae's car?
              I chose not to even listen to it. The story was "meh" enough when it was being told from a mostly objective standpoint. I can only imagine how unlisentable it must be from a "free Adnan" perspective.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                I chose not to even listen to it. The story was "meh" enough when it was being told from a mostly objective standpoint. I can only imagine how unlisentable it must be from a "free Adnan" perspective.
                I entered the Serial game way late so I wasn't reading forums or articles about it during the broadcast and didn't suffer from fatigue.

After these couple episodes of Rabia and the other lady openly dismiss logic and bash the victim I may be over ever hearing the name Adnan. May he burn in hell for his crimes.

Comment

I can only imagine how unlisentable it must be from a "free Adnan" perspective.
                  isn't this serial to begin with though? i thought sk was not great
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    isn't this serial to begin with though? i thought sk was not great
                    I thought she started out ok, but she clearly embraced a pro-Adnan approach (though she wouldn't ever admit it) as the podcast progressed. I can only imagine how ridiculous listening to Rabia must be.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I thought she started out ok, but she clearly embraced a pro-Adnan approach (though she wouldn't ever admit it) as the podcast progressed. I can only imagine how ridiculous listening to Rabia must be.
                      Rabia is a loon. Everything I have seen from her on twitter and elsewhere makes me more convinced that Adnan is guilty.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Did Serial mention Rabia in the beginning? I can't remember.

Yeah, her blog makes her look obsessed.

It's been said before, but until someone can reasonably explain why Jay would know where Hae Min's car was, Adnan is guilty.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          Did Serial mention Rabia in the beginning? I can't remember.

Yeah, her blog makes her look obsessed.

It's been said before, but until someone can reasonably explain why Jay would know where Hae Min's car was, Adnan is guilty.
                          fusnik referred to this already, but that was her next episode teaser at the end of Undisclosed ep 3 -- whether or not he did lead the cops to her car.

Comment

• Lol.

Amazing how they accept certain testimony unequivocally and others dismiss immediately.

Theories are as follows:

Rabia thinks the police showed Jay where the car was and a line of questioning in the trail, one where Christina asks about Jay taking the police to Haes car, is what makes her think that Jay didn't know where her car was.

Susan thinks another quote by Jay, one where he says he drove in the area where Hae's car was parked, shows that he may have driven past the car and recognized Hae's car. He was familiar with her car, per Susan, and could have recognized it while he was driving around town.

Collin is on the fence.

In other words, Rabia think the cops let Hae's body rot in a trunk while they found someone to sing on Jay, and Susan thinks that Jay, of all people, stumbled upon Hae's car by chance.

Comment

• Pretty funny to watch the dying media try to come to grips with Marc Maron getting Obama to come hang out in his garage for an hour and give more content than the new readers have gotten in 8 years.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• Radiolab's latest, 'Grey's Donation', is really interesting and touching. It touches somewhat on the emotions surrounding abortion, but it has a really interesting take on a mother's view of organ donation.

I'm not sure if I've proclaimed my Radiolab love before, but it is consistently very good. I still haven't figured out their podcast schedule, but I count at least three of their episodes as my most favorite and memorable.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X