Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    step one: stop getting paid in six minute increments
    I'm sure those clubs are devoid of lawyers.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I'm sure those clubs are devoid of lawyers.
      bro those guys' days of cranking out .1 at a time are over for the most part (at least at a decent club, not some backwoods nouveau riche shithole like oakridge)
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I'm not a member, but did the podcast have any tips on how to join those courses?
        Indeed. You can start planning seriously when you have a quarter million dollars.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Listened to the Joe Rogan Experience with Megan Phelps-Roper, granddaughter of Fred Phelps and daughter of Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church. She has left the church and it was a really interesting listen. I guess she gave a Ted talk that I'm going to look for as well.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Listened to the Joe Rogan Experience with Megan Phelps-Roper, granddaughter of Fred Phelps and daughter of Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church. She has left the church and it was a really interesting listen. I guess she gave a Ted talk that I'm going to look for as well.
            good atlantic article too. somebody posted it recently.

Comment

• Mike Rapaport's podcast is hilarious. Not going to be an intellectual listen- just a hip-hop flavored podcast with guys with strong NY accents talkin' s*t.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• A while back Radiolab ran an episode of 'On the Media' about poverty in the US. It was an excerpt of a 5 part series. The excerpt was good but sobering/depressing. I wanted to get more depressed about poverty here, so I listened to the 5 part episode while driving to pick up my daughter from university. I think it does a pretty good job debunking the myth that the US has the best upward mobility in the world.

http://www.wnyc.org/series/busted-am...poverty-myths/

Turns out they put out a lot of episodes. I don't download most of them, but when I'm done with something else one of the unplayed episodes will start playing. It focuses on stories about the media, like how recent events are portrayed and news in general. The hosts have that typical NPR sound, and their biases aren't hidden. Trump factors in heavily in a lot of them. But they do have interesting guests. Most of them go unlistened, but when an interesting one starts I finish it.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Listened to the Joe Rogan Experience with Megan Phelps-Roper, granddaughter of Fred Phelps and daughter of Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church. She has left the church and it was a really interesting listen. I guess she gave a Ted talk that I'm going to look for as well.
                  this was a good episode. she is an interesting and very smart person. joe rogan is a knuckle dragging dingus, however, and his neanderthal brain must have trouble with nuance.

Comment

this was a good episode. she is an interesting and very smart person. joe rogan is a knuckle dragging dingus, however, and his neanderthal brain must have trouble with nuance.
                    Why- what happened? He usually tries to cut it pretty objective, although his brain is pretty normal. I wouldn't call him stupid.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• any barstool listeners? pmt is the best nfl podcast and it’s not close.

Comment

any barstool listeners? pmt is the best nfl podcast and it’s not close.
                        Mike Rap is barstool-affiliated now. You do get a bit of fantasy football/nfl/nba talk but not too much.

Comment

• The recent This American Life profiling Jeff Flake and his work for DACA is interesting. His religion is briefly discussed, including a favorite passage of his in Alma. I do believe that it's the first time that Pahoran and Moroni have ever been discussed in the national media. And if you can believe it, there is an allusion to Trump being Pahoran and Flake being Moroni.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/642...possible-dream

The Moroni/Pahoran part starts around minute 37.
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

any barstool listeners? pmt is the best nfl podcast and it’s not close.
                            Ahhh now I get why you called Mike Rap a punk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              The recent This American Life profiling Jeff Flake and his work for DACA is interesting. His religion is briefly discussed, including a favorite passage of his in Alma. I do believe that it's the first time that Pahoran and Moroni have ever been discussed in the national media. And if you can believe it, there is an allusion to Trump being Pahoran and Flake being Moroni.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/642...possible-dream

The Moroni/Pahoran part starts around minute 37.
                              Trump as Pahoran? If only. Fun to imagine Pahoran tweeting Moroni to lighten up, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Trump as Pahoran? If only. Fun to imagine Pahoran tweeting Moroni to lighten up, though.
                                It would probably go something like this:

Moroni: But behold, this is not all—ye have withheld your provisions from them, insomuch that many have fought and bled out their lives because of their great desires which they had for the welfare of this people; yea, and this they have done when they were about to perish with hunger, because of your exceedingly great neglect towards them.

Pahoran: I want to make Zarahemla great again. "Moron" Moroni has been fighting his war for too long. He wants me to keep funding a war I never supported. I wasn't even King when it started. NOT MY FAULT!
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X