Podcast Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Ahhh now I get why you called Mike Rap a punk!
    his videos and tweets from that were crazy
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Spencer Cox (Utah’s Lt. Governor) and some of his friends started a podcast this week:

https://www.listennotes.com/c/bab9f6...iends-podcast/

He’d deny it, but it appears to be a kickoff of his 2020 campaign to be governor. I’m a fan of Spencer and his podcast (he’s great on twitter too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
        Spencer Cox (Utah’s Lt. Governor) and some of his friends started a podcast this week:

https://www.listennotes.com/c/bab9f6...iends-podcast/

He’d deny it, but it appears to be a kickoff of his 2020 campaign to be governor. I’m a fan of Spencer and his podcast (he’s great on twitter too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        the cox mcadams fights would be great.

Comment

• My new favorite podcast is RFK Tapes. It examines whether Sirhan Sirhan executed RFK under his own volition (or if at all).
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Just listened to the Dr. Death podcast. Holy shit — stay away from any surgeon unless he has proven good outcomes for many years.

https://www.propublica.org/article/d...t-was-criminal

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              Just listened to the Dr. Death podcast. Holy shit — stay away from any surgeon unless he has proven good outcomes for many years.

My PA mentioned this one for me to listen to.
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Just listened to the Dr. Death podcast. Holy shit — stay away from any surgeon unless he has proven good outcomes for many years.

That is messed up.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• What's Good with Stretch Armstrong and Bobbito Garcia is awesome. They had an underground hip hop show in the 90s that broke all the greats- Biggie, Nas, etc. This new show is an NPR podcast that is a 30 minute interview format with interesting people. It's great.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

isn’t one point of that how hard it is for a layman to verify proven good outcomes ?

Comment

Baylor. Why does everything bad come from Texas?

Comment

I read that article a couple weeks ago. The story from the doctor who saw him cutting out a ligament around the spine that wasnt supposed to be disturbed during that particular procedure turned my stomach. WTF would you do if you witnessed something like that?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          isn’t one point of that how hard it is for a layman to verify proven good outcomes ?
                          Yes I agree. One of the lawyers involved in prosecuting Duntsch is shocked to hear his own primary doctor mentioned as one of the doctors who sent patients to Duntsch.

I guess one simple screening test would be to choose a doc who has been at the same hospital for 5+ years. That would probably weed out the worst of the worst docs at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                            My PA mentioned this one for me to listen to.

I would appreciate your insight into how many surgeries a spine fellow should do. Sounds like this guy did under 100 surgeries as a neurosurgery resident and under 100 as a spine fellow. Seems low — in cardiology it’s typical to have done 1000 procedures in training before you work on your own.

One of the crazy things about medical training is that no matter how many cases you do as a resident/fellow, there is still a moment of truth where you need to step up all by yourself and do a difficult thing on your own as an attending doctor.

I think with cardiology procedures about 98% can do it but there probably are 2% who function fine in the “assistant” role alongside an attending but literally can’t do it safely on their own and should probably quit. I don’t know how you tell somebody who has invested 4 years of med school and 7-8 years of subsequent training that they just can’t cut it — there needs to be a way to weed out these people earlier I guess.

Comment

I would appreciate your insight into how many surgeries a spine fellow should do. Sounds like this guy did under 100 surgeries as a neurosurgery resident and under 100 as a spine fellow. Seems low — in cardiology it’s typical to have done 1000 procedures in training before you work on your own.

One of the crazy things about medical training is that no matter how many cases you do as a resident/fellow, there is still a moment of truth where you need to step up all by yourself and do a difficult thing on your own as an attending doctor.

I think with cardiology procedures about 98% can do it but there probably are 2% who function fine in the “assistant” role alongside an attending but literally can’t do it safely on their own and should probably quit. I don’t know how you tell somebody who has invested 4 years of med school and 7-8 years of subsequent training that they just can’t cut it — there needs to be a way to weed out these people earlier I guess.
                              I talked with one of the neurosurgeons about this. He said he did around 600 cases/year during residency.

I did a bit over 600 during my fellowship year. Currently I do around 550-600/year although this year I’ll end up well past 600.

I remember doing one of my first pelvic fractures on a 550 lb patient. I was expecting an attending to look over my shoulder and tell me what to do next.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• My aunt passed away yesterday from complications related to a back surgery performed last week.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X