Men doing laundry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Some used, some not...I mean, cold season or allergy season, you gotta have a tissue with you, right?
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

You also didnt mention:

1. Remove stays from shirt collars so that they last longer.
      2. If using liquid detergent, rinse detergent cap thoroughly before putting it back otherwise over time you are left with a disgusting messy blob of goo.
      3. Do not allow clean clothes to fall onto floor as you transfer them from washer to dryer.
      4. Make sure lint catcher is clean but don't actually touch the lint when cleaning it. Preferred to never change the lint catcher yourself ()
      5. If I catch anyone putting something of theirs into my load of laundry, there will be sh** to pay. Do your own load of laundry.

I need professional help
      You wash your dress shirts at home?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        It's the reverse in our household. I do all the laundry. If I don't then my wife will wash the fluorescent yellow microfiber rags we bought at Costco with my black socks. Either that or my wife only puts Clorox 2 and no detergent in the wash. Or a healthy dose of kleenexes from my wife's robes' pockets will be integrated into the wash water.

I've done my own laundry probably since I was about 9, though I can't remember. My wife has attempted to wash my clothes a few times and most of the time it doesn't turn out well.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          "dress shirts?"

sigpic

Comment

"dress shirts?"
            Collar stays in casual shirts?
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
              Some used, some not...I mean, cold season or allergy season, you gotta have a tissue with you, right?
              Why does it have to be in your pocket?

Do you carry around toilet paper in your pocket when you are suffering from a little indigestion?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                I see you guys being the kind that don't let professionals press your shirts because they don't do it properly.
                ha! I knew it!!

Comment

You also didnt mention:

2. If using liquid detergent, rinse detergent cap thoroughly before putting it back otherwise over time you are left with a disgusting messy blob of goo.3. Do not allow clean clothes to fall onto floor as you transfer them from washer to dryer.
                  4. Make sure lint catcher is clean but don't actually touch the lint when cleaning it. Preferred to never change the lint catcher yourself ()
                  5. If I catch anyone putting something of theirs into my load of laundry, there will be sh** to pay. Do your own load of laundry.

I need professional help
                  If the machine is one of the ones where you put the detergent directly into the tub, then I throw the whole cap in so that it is also cleaned.

We have community washers/dryers, and my biggest pet peeve is when others don't clean out the lint catcher. I'm probably going to put up a sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    ha! I knew it!!
                    I see what you thought you new, but I don't see how my comment led you to realize you were right. Is this one of those situations where you're right because you're right?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Why does it have to be in your pocket?

Do you carry around toilet paper in your pocket when you are suffering from a little indigestion?
                      lol...right because that's the same thing.
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Is this one of those situations where you're right because you're right?
                        It's a heavy burden, but I'm willing to bear it.

Comment

I definitely have my button-up shirts professionally laundered and pressed. But there are tons and tons of terrible dry cleaners for every good one. Finding a good one can be difficult. I feel lucky to have a great one pretty close to home, and they are decently priced, too.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                            If the machine is one of the ones where you put the detergent directly into the tub, then I throw the whole cap in so that it is also cleaned.

We have community washers/dryers, and my biggest pet peeve is when others don't clean out the lint catcher. I'm probably going to put up a sign.
                            you sound like you are an amazing roommate.

I have never thought of putting the entire cap into the wash. I like that idea. I usually rinse it as the washer is filling up with water. I am very anti-blob of goo.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              I definitely have my button-up shirts professionally laundered and pressed. But there are tons and tons of terrible dry cleaners for every good one. Finding a good one can be difficult. I feel lucky to have a great one pretty close to home, and they are decently priced, too.
                              Do they put that little plastic arrow thing in the collar to keep it from folding over? Fazio is the only place I know that does that, but they are not cheap. I'm currently using a pick up/delivery place that's pretty reasonable, but they don't protect my shirts from collar fold-overs.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You also didnt mention:

2. If using liquid detergent, rinse detergent cap thoroughly before putting it back otherwise over time you are left with a disgusting messy blob of goo.
                                3. Do not allow clean clothes to fall onto floor as you transfer them from washer to dryer.

I need professional help
                                I rinse the detergent cap.

Another thing, I wash towels together and I only use powdered detergent. Towels will have less of an odor problem if you do this because liquid detergent supposedly has more animal fat content than powdered detergent -- or so I read on the internet. But I've been doing this myself for awhile now and it's made a big difference.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X