The Uniform Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Tech to go with Lone Star uniforms against the Longhorns.

Now that's a sharp uniform.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• Interesting article on uniform agreements. It has a database with public records of the contracts and negotiations with apparel companies. The database would be much cooler if the site wasn't so unwieldy.

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...f7b86245558063

Comment

• USC starts trying to be Oregon, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
          http://reignoftroy.com/2014/07/10/us...shiny-helmets/

HELMET.jpg

Oregon's snap shot of time has impacted all but 3-4 teams now, it might be turning into a mural in time.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

• They wore those ridiculous cleats a couple of seasons ago and fortunately went back to black cleats the next season. That helmet isn't official yet.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              They wore those ridiculous cleats a couple of seasons ago and fortunately went back to black cleats the next season. That helmet isn't official yet.
              Oregon started winning to be like USC, USC can start to look hip and in style to be like Oregon.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Oregon started winning to be like USC, USC can start to look hip and in style to be like Oregon.
                I'd rather sc just win and not change stuff. There was a rumor that sark was going to remove the Trojan emblem from the helmet and make the players "earn" it back during the season, somewhat like he did with the W at Washington. That idea was quashed really quickly so maybe the Xmas bulb helmet is sarks way of mixing it up and trying to appeal to the kids. I am not a fan of this fad, as you know. Ultimately winning is what drives recruits. Look at Alabamas recruiting classes. And look at their uniforms.

i scrolled up a little in this thread and saw those navy uniforms. Ugh. Those are silly.

i think everyone is now used to Oregon changing all the time, so it isn't a gimmick anymore it is simply what they do due to their association with nike. It works for them. Other schools should be cautious about doing that, I think. Not sure it would work as well as it has in Eugene.

sigpic

Comment

I'd rather sc just win and not change stuff. There was a rumor that sark was going to remove the Trojan emblem from the helmet and make the players "earn" it back during the season, somewhat like he did with the W at Washington. That idea was quashed really quickly so maybe the Xmas bulb helmet is sarks way of mixing it up and trying to appeal to the kids. I am not a fan of this fad, as you know. Ultimately winning is what drives recruits. Look at Alabamas recruiting classes. And look at their uniforms.

i scrolled up a little in this thread and saw those navy uniforms. Ugh. Those are silly.

i think everyone is now used to Oregon changing all the time, so it isn't a gimmick anymore it is simply what they do due to their association with nike. It works for them. Other schools should be cautious about doing that, I think. Not sure it would work as well as it has in Eugene.
                  Of course you are right, and I've long agreed with you. Te uniforms work for Oregon because since they stated changing unis they are the 4th or 5th best winning % in CFB. If they were average they wouldn't be landing recruits because of uniforms.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

I think those are sharp. I'd agree they were silly if 'don't give up the ship' was on the outside of the uniform or something.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      I think those are sharp. I'd agree they were silly if 'don't give up the ship' was on the outside of the uniform or something.
                      Huh?

sigpic

Comment

Huh?
                        Meaning that the long sleeve undershirt that says "Don't Give Up the Ship" sure would look silly if worn on the outside of the pads.

Comment

• Boomer!

sigpic

Comment

Boomer!

He's gone. Let him go.
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• group-red-bowling-ball-13288724.jpg

Comment

• "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X