Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Eagle Project

What was your Eagle Project?

I was a boy scout drop out, but I helped with Cardiac's eagle project. He painted a big bathroom at a city park. We just painted over the poop on the walls.
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

I organized and ran a DI drive. Not very exciting but we extended it to the non members in the ward (Utah) so we ended up with a very nice haul.

Now things are very lax. Almost every month there is a new collection box in the foyer of the church building for some new Eagle project. There is usually a small piece of paper identifying the Eagle project and the scout running it. There is never any announcement made and rarely is there anything in the collection box. Lazy scouts....
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Lacing their nests with DDT.

Comment

I lived in the suburbs. I collected a bunch of books from schools in the area and donated them to an inner-city organization that distributed them to troubled schools.

Take that all you who cleaned up the creek-bed behind the church.

Comment

The school district would hold an environmental field trip for a week up in the mountains for 4th grade students. They provided name badges made out of wood. My project was to cut, sand, and drill hundreds of these name badges for the kids.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Clothes drive for homeless refugees.

Comment

what a great humble brag thread.

I organized a drive for the local women's shelter that my sister volunteered at. In retrospect, it never crossed my mind at how comical it must have been to see a bunch of young teenage boys collecting feminine hygiene products from their neighbors.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

I conducted a survey of our ward boundaries for resources that would be useful in the event of a natural disaster. I miscalculated and spent way more time than required for the project.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

mine was totally pathetic.
                  made a few quilts for the hospital.
                  My mom set up the quilting rack in front of the TV and a few of my friends came over to watch TV and put in a few stitches.
                  I intend to live forever.
                  So far, so good.
                  --Steven Wright

Comment

Sold snow and ice melt as a fundraiser but didn't really have plans for the funds yet. Luckily for me, the food kitchen in SLC burned down so I used the funds to buy them a new meat slicer.

Lucky I squeaked that one by the Board of Review.
                    Last edited by BigFatMeanie; 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

You guys were scouts?
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm with Surfah. I joined the Church and I told Bro. Anderson, "Umm, no, thank you."
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I had two projects, one for filsdepac, the other for the kid who's now in the MTC. These were done as penance for my 8th grade paper likening Boy Scouts to the Hitlerjugend, and for never progressing past the rank of Star.

Fils' consisted of constructing carnival game booths and presenting games for Special Olympics participants and their families. The booths were used for years afterward by a local high school.

The elder's project involved clearing a lot of brush and undergrowth in a wildlife refuge and installing a path with lots of stairs made out of railroad ties.

The guy that oversaw Eagle projects in our area was a real hardass, and nothing came easy. I figure I earned my Eagle twice, but my mom was still deeply disappointed in me.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            I'm with Surfah. I joined the Church and I told Bro. Anderson, "Umm, no, thank you."
                            I made it to eagle with never once wearing my uniform to anything buy scout camp. Even for my eagle court of honor, I wore a suit

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                              I made it to eagle with never once wearing my uniform to anything buy scout camp. Even for my eagle court of honor, I wore a suit
                              Strange, you don't come across as the type who would kick against the pricks. Must of just been a stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X