The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I'll bet this was a great weekend for Non Sequitur.
    some pigs get what was coming to them?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      some pigs get what was coming to them?
      http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ston/71358938/

Comment

• just wow. congrats, NS.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• OMG. Police respond to burglary call, enter the wrong house, shoot homeowner and kill his dog.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/c...ing-inv/nnWKr/
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            OMG. Police respond to burglary call, enter the wrong house, shoot homeowner and kill his dog.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/c...ing-inv/nnWKr/
            And apparently shot one of the fellow officers...

One of the officers was shot in the hip during the incident, and was in serious, but stable, condition Tuesday morning after undergoing surgery at Grady Memorial Hospital.

“Early investigation indicates that the injured officer was likely shot accidentally by one of the other officers on the scene,” Dutton said.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Interim DeKalb police Chief James Conroy said the incident has prompted the county to review its when-to-shoot training protocol
              Ya think?

Let me help you out:
              Your own officer responding to the call with you?.....Don't Shoot!
              Unarmed citizen who walks in to see that the dog barking and shooting is all about?.....Don't Shoot!

This updated article mentions that they shot some other kid who they thought was a burglar and had the wrong address, as well as another guy who called them for help - they came and shot his dog, then shot him when he asked why they shot his dog. He was at least armed, but never pointed the weapon at police.

So, in this small town of around 44K people they've had 4 police shootings in the last 2 years. 3 out of the 4 were innocent folks, the fourth was an unarmed naked man who charged police.

And...I have to admit...with all of the talk of police shootings and racism, I couldn't help but notice that the 3 cops involved this time were all Black.

Comment

• It's maddening. Mickey Mouse-ass police department. I hope the state loses the shit out of those law suits.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Oh my. There are some real gems in this article.

“Are we perfect?” DeKalb director of public safety Cedric Alexander said. “Absolutely not. But when we find a mistake, we own it. We own the fact that we were at the wrong house. We didn’t hide it. We didn’t mismanage it. We were at the wrong location based on information that was given to us.”
                  Derek Perez, the man who made the 911 call, wrote on Facebook that he’d told police about a possible burglar outside of “the farthest house at the end of the street.”

The officers, however, stopped at Chris and Leah McKinley’s home — the second house on the street — because it matched the “physical description” given, according to a release from the GBI.

According to neighbors, that’s when Chris McKinley — who’d been watching a movie called “Serendipity” with his wife and 1-year-old — walked into the room with his dog. Authorities said two of the officers opened fire after they “encountered a dog.”
                  Watch out, officers! You may encounter a groggy husband wandering the halls in his sweatpants with buttery popcorn hands! Shoot on sight!

“Without getting into the specifics of this case, that’s one of the challenges when people call 911, we often don’t know where they are,” Conroy said. “We want officers to go out and investigate crimes like this rather than react. We want to go out and actually apprehend criminals and help people.”
                  Aw don't be so hard on yourselves! If at first you don't succeed...!

And finally...
                  “In light of everything going on in the country right now, anytime officers have to respond to a call, they’re checking and double checking themselves,” he said Tuesday. “A lot of the criticisms and mockeries they’ve sustained across the country and even locally is just unfair.
                  Right. :thumbsup:

Comment

• I will say that DeKalb is not a tiny town; it's a county right next to Atlanta and has a very high crime rate.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      I will say that DeKalb is not a tiny town; it's a county right next to Atlanta and has a very high crime rate.
                      The county is significantly larger than the town. I'll give you that. So maybe the number of shootings they've experiences is more in line with the norm for a larger population base.

I'd still submit - if it's a burglar you MIGHT be looking for, who was reportedly walking around OUTSIDE the home - what the hell are you doing sneaking into the home and then deciding that you need to shoot anyone you run into on sight for? Couldn't you just wait outside for them to come out? The initial report didn't include anything that would lead me to believe the police needed to enter the home, guns drawn.

I've got a dog. You knock on the door and the dumb thing goes crazy. It would be impossible to NOT know someone is at the door. Leads me to believe that they didn't even try to see if anyone was home.

Comment

• CNN.com Headline: NYPD Tackles Former Tennis Star

"Huh. I wonder who that was" <clicks on link>

Headline Article: Former tennis star James Blake mistakenly tackled by NYPD

"Crap"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          The county is significantly larger than the town. I'll give you that. So maybe the number of shootings they've experiences is more in line with the norm for a larger population base.

I'd still submit - if it's a burglar you MIGHT be looking for, who was reportedly walking around OUTSIDE the home - what the hell are you doing sneaking into the home and then deciding that you need to shoot anyone you run into on sight for? Couldn't you just wait outside for them to come out? The initial report didn't include anything that would lead me to believe the police needed to enter the home, guns drawn.

I've got a dog. You knock on the door and the dumb thing goes crazy. It would be impossible to NOT know someone is at the door. Leads me to believe that they didn't even try to see if anyone was home.
                          I missed this the other day. I agree with you.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

This one's going to be all over the news. WARNING: Shows someone being shot to death.
                            South Carolina City To Pay $6.5 Million Settlement For Fatally Shooting Walter Scott:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e66ad4c74457

The North Charleston City Council approved the settlement by a 10-0 vote...

Comment

• All for being disruptive in class.

Comment

• Looks cherry picked. What happened before? Why was a cop summoned? Why did the student not comply?

Comment

Working...
                                X