Yes! He didn’t say “Racist redneck murderers also buy sneakers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Yes! He didn’t say “Racist redneck murderers also buy sneakers.”
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Things were so much better in the olden days!
        Yeah. All these dash cams and camera phones out there are impeding cops and prosecutors from protecting their own!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• The strange thing in all of this - KSL was saying this morning that the two guys arrested are the ones who released the video, or their attorney did. They believed that it would strengthen their case. Apparently they're saying that he attacked them when they pulled their guns on him and tried to stop him. Because they were fighting over the shotgun, they were defending themselves.

Which is weird - because, as Begnaud explains in his thread himself - couldn't you also argue that this guy was being chased and detained by 3 men who pulled guns on him and was defending himself as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            The strange thing in all of this - KSL was saying this morning that the two guys arrested are the ones who released the video, or their attorney did. They believed that it would strengthen their case. Apparently they're saying that he attacked them when they pulled their guns on him and tried to stop him. Because they were fighting over the shotgun, they were defending themselves.

Which is weird - because, as Begnaud explains in his thread himself - couldn't you also argue that this guy was being chased and detained by 3 men who pulled guns on him and was defending himself as well?
            one of these scenarios is reasonable and one is not
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

The strange thing in all of this - KSL was saying this morning that the two guys arrested are the ones who released the video, or their attorney did. They believed that it would strengthen their case. Apparently they're saying that he attacked them when they pulled their guns on him and tried to stop him. Because they were fighting over the shotgun, they were defending themselves.

I read the video was released by an attorney who does not represent the men arrested. Not sure what his motives were.

Comment

basically trayvon martin all over again. cowards with guns insert themselves into a situation - unnecessarily, might i add - where a physical confrontation happens, cowards naturally start getting their asses kicked by guy who was otherwise minding his own business, so cowards shoot and kill the guy. if the cowards didn't have guns with them in the first place, they would have left the guy alone in both instances and two more black guys would be alive today. give them the death penalty.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• What the hell are these idiots doing patrolling/confronting with guns in the first place? Unreal.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    basically trayvon martin all over again. cowards with guns insert themselves into a situation - unnecessarily, might i add - where a physical confrontation happens, cowards naturally start getting their asses kicked by guy who was otherwise minding his own business, so cowards shoot and kill the guy. if the cowards didn't have guns with them in the first place, they would have left the guy alone in both instances and two more black guys would be alive today. give them the death penalty.
                    George Z should have gone to prison. That be a cause celebre for many on the right was disgraceful. These pseudo cops need to face some consequences.

Comment

• So I'm a runner. I'm trying to picture myself being confronted by two dudes in what can only be described as shit-kicker gear, who have shotguns, and are saying that they are detaining me for burglary.

I just can't picture it...oh wait! I'm white!

Good thing these guys didn't know I'm a Mormon.

What is our country turning into? The wheels have come off.

EXg4kK8WkAAy19E.jpgEXg4kK7XgAEJq5S.jpg

Yep! These guys look like some of the "very good people".
                      Last edited by originalsocal; 05-08-2020, 11:53 AM. Reason: Additional stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                        So I'm a runner. I'm trying to picture myself being confronted by two dudes in what can only be described as shit-kicker gear, who have shotguns, and are saying that they are detaining me for burglary.

I just can't picture it...oh wait! I'm white!

Good thing these guys didn't know I'm a Mormon.

[ATTACH]10212[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10213[/ATTACH]

Yep! These guys look like some of the "very good people".
                        smh. motherfuckers.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          George Z should have gone to prison. That be a cause celebre for many on the right was disgraceful. These pseudo cops need to face some consequences.
                          without question.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Bumping this thread as Ted has another rant going on some stupid right-wing craziness and I think this is more important.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

That was my first thought. But in reality a large part of our country has probably always been this. We're just more aware now.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• It looks like Travis McMichaels was pissed that somebody stole a 9mm handgun from him (or at least from someone who had the gun in a truck outside Travis' house) and took the law into in his own hands, illegally.

They don't seem to even have evidence that Arbery stole the gun. Even if they did, it is not their right to interrogate him at gunpoint.

Arbery seems to attempt to avoid them when he runs to the right of the stationary truck - though the camera doesn't stay on the action. But when he gets around the truck, he seems to go straight at Travis and the shotgun. Why didn't he just keep running? Was he afraid they were going to shoot him in the back if he just kept running? What did they say to him?
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X