Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2244

Thread: The Police Brutality Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46758940...salt-lake-city

I think most people that wear Hawaiian shirts would be surprised that doing so is "commonly" associated with the Boogaloo movement. I've definitely never heard of the Boogaloo movement until today so the Hawaiian shirt association seems pretty uncommon to me.
    it is unsurprising that you are 100% clueless about the social dynamics at play
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Oops, not a good look.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    This reaction is much worse because of the shutdowns. It was like lighting a match amid gas fumes. The people, especially the poor, are at the end of their rope. They’ve had it.

So count the death and destruction caused by these riots as part of the cost of this shutdown. Anarchy in reaction to the shutdown was totally predictable. History will be about as kind to the shutdown as it is to the Treaty of Versailles.
    I don't agree with a lot of what SU says in this thread, but I wholeheartedly agree with this. The shutdown has caused these riots to be a lot worse than they would have been. We take away the jobs of the poor, take away their work for two months, take away their means of income, cage them up in their homes and apartments...what did we expect? THe riots and looting are not being done by the peaceful protesters but by the people that have been cooped up for the past couple months and are at the end of their rope.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I don't agree with a lot of what SU says in this thread, but I wholeheartedly agree with this. The shutdown has caused these riots to be a lot worse than they would have been. We take away the jobs of the poor, take away their work for two months, take away their means of income, cage them up in their homes and apartments...what did we expect? THe riots and looting are not being done by the peaceful protesters but by the people that have been cooped up for the past couple months and are at the end of their rope.
    besides being "at the end of their rope" those same people simply have a lot of time on their hands sitting at home having lost their jobs. a lot of idle people out there with nothing else to do.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Oops, not a good look.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Life comes at you fast...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

So if you get disbarred do you still have to pay back that student loan for your Princeton law education?

Two lawyers hit with federal charges for throwing Molotov cocktail at NYPD car

A pair of Brooklyn lawyers are facing federal charges for throwing a Molotov cocktail into a New York Police Department cruiser during riots following the death of George Floyd in police custody.

Colinford Mattis, 32, a Princeton graduate and member of a New York community board, and Urooj Rahman, 31, a lawyer and Fordham alumnus who recently lost her job, were arrested and charged with attempting to damage or destroy law-enforcement vehicles on Saturday after a surveillance camera recorded the incident.

“Molotov Cocktails are violent tools of individuals looking to inflict harm and damage our city. Crimes like these are devastating to their targets and also to the protestors and their right to free speech that police are working hard to protect,” NYPD Commissioner Dermot F. Shea said in a Department of Justice press release. “I’m confident that the severest penalties under the law will be sought.”

Mattis was allegedly driving a van with Rahman around 1 a.m. Saturday, when she threw the Molotov cocktail at an empty NYPD car. The gasoline-filled bottle failed to ignite, and the two fled, according to the New York Daily News. The two were arrested soon after, and police reportedly found materials in the van to make an explosive.
    [...]
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...il-at-nypd-car

LOL... Princeton law degrees are overrated. Should have studied computer science.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    So if you get disbarred do you still have to pay back that student loan for your Princeton law education?

LOL... Princeton law degrees are overrated. Should have studied computer science.
    theres no such thing as a princeton law degree

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Leave it to Ted to expose Princeton Law for not producing graduates of the first caliber. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    theres no such thing as a princeton law degree
    So they have been practicing law without a degree?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

it is unsurprising that you are 100% clueless about the social dynamics at play
    Well why don't you educate me on all the social dynamics of the Boogaloo movement?

Well why don't you educate me on all the social dynamics of the Boogaloo movement?
    no thanks

Yeah but when all you have is a hammer...
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Yeah but when all you have is a hammer...
    or a brick...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

umm that is disturbing. Did we just see someone die? Why would you post that?
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    umm that is disturbing. Did we just see someone die? Why would you post that?
    I thought it was funny. No, this china dude didn't die. Fortunately his buddy dragged him off before the Shanghai police got there. Otherwise he may have died in a Chinese prison or at least whipped and forced to make your christmas decorations.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

It was funny? Ok, if you say so. I don’t find that clip even remotely funny but it’s a matter of opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was funny? Ok, if you say so. I don’t find that clip even remotely funny but it’s a matter of opinion.
    Yeah, this clip is posted all over the internet... lots of folks think it is funny given the news articles titles, comments, background music, etc:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/560210...h-brick-china/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hp2ZBUKgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra5f_4ndqns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6TSNn6-VZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgnCvFjOJj4

But you are welcome to not find it even remotely funny.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Lots of people are assholes and have a fucked up sense of humor, but those are also matters of opinion. Associate with and laugh at whomever and whatever you wish. That is the beauty of freedom, but in my opinion it’s fucked up. Appeal to whatever internet consensus you like, it’s not persuasive to me.

Lots of people are assholes and have a fucked up sense of humor, but those are also matters of opinion. Associate with and laugh at whomever and whatever you wish. That is the beauty of freedom, but in my opinion it’s fucked up. Appeal to whatever internet consensus you like, it’s not persuasive to me.
    I think it is funny and still like you even if you don't have a sense of humor.

Freedom!

"Celebrate that sh*t!"
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Out of curiosity, do you like Americas Funniest Videos? Most people in my family think it's hilarious, especially the slip and fall videos and the man-throwing-baseball-to-his-kid-gets-hit-in-the-nuts videos, but I have a daughter who won't watch it because she doesn't like all the slip and fall videos. She doesn't think they're funny at all.

no thanks
    So you too had never heard of the Boogaloo movement before now. Got it.

Out of curiosity, do you like Americas Funniest Videos? Most people in my family think it's hilarious, especially the slip and fall videos and the man-throwing-baseball-to-his-kid-gets-hit-in-the-nuts videos, but I have a daughter who won't watch it because she doesn't like all the slip and fall videos. She doesn't think they're funny at all.
    When people appear to genuinely injured it makes me wince and I don't think they are funny at all.

I don't want the guy who was hit with the brick to be dead, for sure. But I do find the karma involved in a guy there to do destruction getting hit by a brick a little funny.

A while back there was a video circulating of a thief throwing a brick at a glass door to a business, and the brick bouncing off the glass door and hitting him. Followed by the guy limping away. Yeah - I thought that was funny too.

But when you're taking about death or possibly permanent brain damage - it isn't quite as funny for me.

Sure, the lockdown certainly created frustration, but the direct connection as a cause of rioting and looting is tenuous at best. It's not clear at all who is doing the looting and rioting (are they really people that lost jobs due to the shutdown?). This type of violence readily accompany protests charged with racial injustice. Evidence also shows that much of the destructive activity is being instigated by anarchist groups. Also, opportunists that feel justified due to past racial injustices jump on board.

In other words, absent the graphic video showing the police killing a black man on top of past perceived injustices, we wouldn't be seeing these protests and violence. Suggesting otherwise detracts from the real issues.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

When people appear to genuinely injured it makes me wince and I don't think they are funny at all.
    My wife was a trainer, so she is intrigued by injury videos. Not like the one being discussed, but if I am watching a football game and there is a nasty injury, she will want me to do the whole slo-mo thing and then she guesses as to the actual injury. Followed up by googling the next day to see what the official diagnosis is. She is sick like that.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    It's not clear at all who is doing the looting and rioting (are they really people that lost jobs due to the shutdown?)
    41 Million Americans have filed jobless claims during the shutdown. I'm sure there are people with jobs rioting too but the layoffs hit the working poor and minorities disproportionately hard. Guaranteed that a large number of rioters lost jobs due to the shutdown.

I have to agree: it is not funny, especially given the context.

Holy shit.

Protesters were cleared out of Lafayette Park, mace was used, a cameraman was hit in the face, so Trump could walk over to St. John's church and do this:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Holy shit.

Protesters were cleared out of Lafayette Park, mace was used, a cameraman was hit in the face, so Trump could walk over to St. John's church and do this:

"Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71