No announcement yet.

The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been pro-gun-control my whole adult life. Many of my black friends feel like the only answer is for them to arm themselves. And I'm not sure they're wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
      I have been pro-gun-control my whole adult life. Many of my black friends feel like the only answer is for them to arm themselves. And I'm not sure they're wrong.
      you make it sound like your first sentence and last sentence are contradictory...they aren't.

i, too, am pro gun control. i also want good, law abiding citizens to be able to arm themselves.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

I have been pro-gun-control my whole adult life. Many of my black friends feel like the only answer is for them to arm themselves. And I'm not sure they're wrong.
        Do your black friends fell like they have to arm them selves for protection from police?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          My daughter's 8th grade history teacher called it that in his class videos. He is crazy. He also wears a visor all the time and shants.
          Who are these people? I do not understand how they lack a filter in their professional lives.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Do your black friends know that you are referring to them as your "black friends"?
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Yes, of course. If someone is hot-headed then the cops should just back off and not do anything. Let her drive off, etc. As long as she didn't murder anyone.

This is why people complain about white privilege.
              Privilege is a massively overused concept, but there is some validity to it. This is one of those circumstances where white privilege shows up. I have a hard time believing a black man survives an encounter like that.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I hate our society on so many levels. We have a dead man that shouldn't be dead. The Mayor of Minneapolis acts swiftly, condemns the actions, FBI and BCA called in to investigate, immediately fires the officers, and he has called on the prosecutor to charge the officers. He acted completely appropriately. However, you have people criticizing him saying he isn't doing enough. What in the ever loving hell more can he do?
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  I hate our society on so many levels. We have a dead man that shouldn't be dead. The Mayor of Minneapolis acts swiftly, condemns the actions, FBI and BCA called in to investigate, immediately fires the officers, and he has called on the prosecutor to charge the officers. He acted completely appropriately. However, you have people criticizing him saying he isn't doing enough. What in the ever loving hell more can he do?
                  Really? That's the criticism? I thought you were going to mention backlash from some unsavory element for his doing too much...
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Really? That's the criticism? I thought you were going to mention backlash from some unsavory element for his doing too much...
                    Well add that to the reasons to hate our current society as well.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I hate our society on so many levels. We have a dead man that shouldn't be dead. The Mayor of Minneapolis acts swiftly, condemns the actions, FBI and BCA called in to investigate, immediately fires the officers, and he has called on the prosecutor to charge the officers. He acted completely appropriately. However, you have people criticizing him saying he isn't doing enough. What in the ever loving hell more can he do?
                      he's supposed to throw the officers in a lagoon full of hippos tomorrow. no trial. i mean, why? we have the video, dammit!
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Wow... that got crazy quick!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Target is not paying its workers enough.
                          We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                            Target is not paying its workers enough.
                            Or the rest of the businesses in the neighbor apparently: https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...neapolis-riots

WTF, an Apple Store?
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1...536523264?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Resign.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X