The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    It looks like Travis McMichaels was pissed that somebody stole a 9mm handgun from him (or at least from someone who had the gun in a truck outside Travis' house) and took the law into in his own hands, illegally.

They don't seem to even have evidence that Arbery stole the gun. Even if they did, it is not their right to interrogate him at gunpoint.

Arbery seems to attempt to avoid them when he runs to the right of the stationary truck - though the camera doesn't stay on the action. But when he gets around the truck, he seems to go straight at Travis and the shotgun. Why didn't he just keep running? Was he afraid they were going to shoot him in the back if he just kept running? What did they say to him?
    he'd already run into them and turned around once
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      he'd already run into them and turned around once
      That makes more sense. Thanks.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Welp, I guess I should have been shot a million times over.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          It looks like Travis McMichaels was pissed that somebody stole a 9mm handgun from him (or at least from someone who had the gun in a truck outside Travis' house) and took the law into in his own hands, illegally.

They don't seem to even have evidence that Arbery stole the gun. Even if they did, it is not their right to interrogate him at gunpoint.

Arbery seems to attempt to avoid them when he runs to the right of the stationary truck - though the camera doesn't stay on the action. But when he gets around the truck, he seems to go straight at Travis and the shotgun. Why didn't he just keep running? Was he afraid they were going to shoot him in the back if he just kept running? What did they say to him?
          Just a guess - but it wouldn't surprise me if he yelled "stop or I'll shoot". I really can't think of anything else that would lead him to confront the dude with the gun. If you can keep running, keep running. If you're afraid to be shot if you keep running, then maybe you make a different choice.

Apparently these guys were using some citizen's arrest law - which the initial prosecutor who reviewed the case let them use to get off the hook.

Such a strange circumstance.

I can see allowing for the "castle" defense of protecting yourself in your own home. I even somewhat can see where they're coming from when there are stand your ground laws that allow someone to not have to evade or run away. But I have no idea what the prosecutor was thinking who says you can pull your gun on a guy and try to detain him as he runs down the street and isn't doing anything to attempt to take your property or enter your home.

I mean - seems like at best you could justify following the guy from a distance while calling the police and getting them there. But pulling a gun on a guy who isn't in the act of threatening anyone or in the very least taking or doing damage to property? That's just dumb.

I read that the original prosecutor recused herself - and now people want her to be fired for recusing herself. Anyone know more details about that? I mean - from what I read done of the guys was retired law enforcement or something? If she knew the guy and had worked with him in the past, it seems like recusing herself and allowing a prosecutor without a prior relationship to take the case would be the right call. She isn't the one who reviewed the evidence and declined to prosecute. What am I missing from this situation?

Comment

• Good grief.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Good grief.

I don't understand the point or relevance of this. Why are people bringing up past misdeeds? Not sure how that's relevant to his murder. what am i missing?
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                I don't understand the point or relevance of this. Why are people bringing up past misdeeds? Not sure how that's relevant to his murder. what am i missing?
                He stole something as a teenager so he obviously deserved to get run down and shot a couple of years later.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  He stole something as a teenager so he obviously deserved to get run down and shot a couple of years later.
                  Yup. I hear that stealing while black is a capital offense in Georgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    of course. how could i have missed that!
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• I saw this on my FaceBook feed so it has to be true...

Photo Emerges Appearing To Show Ahmaud Arbery’s Killer At KKK Rally

[...]
                      https://dailyboulder.com/photo-emerg...-at-kkk-rally/

Looks like the same dude... that tat on his arm might help confirm it.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Good hell, just sign the damn paper.

Comment

• whoa.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Sorry. The cop should be disciplined. That's absurd. He scared her and she agreed to sign the ticket. Move on and don't let it escalate to that.

(It's opinions like this that explain my kids behavior.)

Comment

• what a dummy.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                Good hell, just sign the damn paper.

LOL... the cop shot her. I think she would have been better off to just sign it: "Go F yourself, pig!"
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X