Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46758940...salt-lake-city

I think most people that wear Hawaiian shirts would be surprised that doing so is "commonly" associated with the Boogaloo movement. I've definitely never heard of the Boogaloo movement until today so the Hawaiian shirt association seems pretty uncommon to me.
    it is unsurprising that you are 100% clueless about the social dynamics at play
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Oops, not a good look.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        This reaction is much worse because of the shutdowns. It was like lighting a match amid gas fumes. The people, especially the poor, are at the end of their rope. They’ve had it.

So count the death and destruction caused by these riots as part of the cost of this shutdown. Anarchy in reaction to the shutdown was totally predictable. History will be about as kind to the shutdown as it is to the Treaty of Versailles.
        I don't agree with a lot of what SU says in this thread, but I wholeheartedly agree with this. The shutdown has caused these riots to be a lot worse than they would have been. We take away the jobs of the poor, take away their work for two months, take away their means of income, cage them up in their homes and apartments...what did we expect? THe riots and looting are not being done by the peaceful protesters but by the people that have been cooped up for the past couple months and are at the end of their rope.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          I don't agree with a lot of what SU says in this thread, but I wholeheartedly agree with this. The shutdown has caused these riots to be a lot worse than they would have been. We take away the jobs of the poor, take away their work for two months, take away their means of income, cage them up in their homes and apartments...what did we expect? THe riots and looting are not being done by the peaceful protesters but by the people that have been cooped up for the past couple months and are at the end of their rope.
          besides being "at the end of their rope" those same people simply have a lot of time on their hands sitting at home having lost their jobs. a lot of idle people out there with nothing else to do.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Oops, not a good look.

Well, I guess that explains why he didn't want the national guard's help.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Life comes at you fast...

Looks like housing in Minneapolis became less affordable: https://www.startribune.com/minneapo...ent/570836742/
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So if you get disbarred do you still have to pay back that student loan for your Princeton law education?

Two lawyers hit with federal charges for throwing Molotov cocktail at NYPD car

A pair of Brooklyn lawyers are facing federal charges for throwing a Molotov cocktail into a New York Police Department cruiser during riots following the death of George Floyd in police custody.

Colinford Mattis, 32, a Princeton graduate and member of a New York community board, and Urooj Rahman, 31, a lawyer and Fordham alumnus who recently lost her job, were arrested and charged with attempting to damage or destroy law-enforcement vehicles on Saturday after a surveillance camera recorded the incident.

“Molotov Cocktails are violent tools of individuals looking to inflict harm and damage our city. Crimes like these are devastating to their targets and also to the protestors and their right to free speech that police are working hard to protect,” NYPD Commissioner Dermot F. Shea said in a Department of Justice press release. “I’m confident that the severest penalties under the law will be sought.”

Mattis was allegedly driving a van with Rahman around 1 a.m. Saturday, when she threw the Molotov cocktail at an empty NYPD car. The gasoline-filled bottle failed to ignite, and the two fled, according to the New York Daily News. The two were arrested soon after, and police reportedly found materials in the van to make an explosive.
                [...]
                https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...il-at-nypd-car

LOL... Princeton law degrees are overrated. Should have studied computer science.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  So if you get disbarred do you still have to pay back that student loan for your Princeton law education?

LOL... Princeton law degrees are overrated. Should have studied computer science.
                  theres no such thing as a princeton law degree

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    So if you get disbarred do you still have to pay back that student loan for your Princeton law education?

Leave it to Ted to expose Princeton Law for not producing graduates of the first caliber. Nice work!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      theres no such thing as a princeton law degree
                      So they have been practicing law without a degree?
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        it is unsurprising that you are 100% clueless about the social dynamics at play
                        Well why don't you educate me on all the social dynamics of the Boogaloo movement?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                          Well why don't you educate me on all the social dynamics of the Boogaloo movement?
                          no thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            Yeah but when all you have is a hammer...
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Yeah but when all you have is a hammer...
                              or a brick...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• umm that is disturbing. Did we just see someone die? Why would you post that?
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X