The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    I have been pro-gun-control my whole adult life. Many of my black friends feel like the only answer is for them to arm themselves. And I'm not sure they're wrong.
    So you think that a little handgun or bolt action rifle is going to protect your friends from the assault weapons, missiles, nukes owned and used by the government?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• The Antifa'ers set the police station on fire... that will teach those pigs!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Resign.
        Yeah, the mayor needs to resign as well as the Minnesota Attorney General...

Of course, he took that photo down (two years later) so maybe he is forgiven...

LOL... twitter suppresses drumpf's free speech for threatening to send in the national guard to stop the violence:

BTW, have any arrests been made yet? My guess is Covid-19 will be listed as George Floyd's official cause of death but the video should be enough arrest these dirty cops.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm very sympathetic to the victim in this situation, but I don't think the family lawyer I saw on TV is doing any favors for them. He was on the CBS morning show this morning and made sure to show a copy of his book right behind him in view. I'm not familiar with the book but it was definitely him on the cover since both the cover person and him had the same lapel pin. Makes him looks super opportunistic.

Comment

• I'm mostly impressed by our ability, as a nation, to confront circumstances that everyone in a lesser nation would agree are horrible and unanimously condemn, and still find grounds for fierce disagreement.

God bless America.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              LOL... twitter suppresses drumpf's free speech for threatening to send in the national guard to stop the violence.
              A Commissioner of the FCC today:

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                A Commissioner of the FCC today:

Well that ain’t going to help TWTR’s already sh*tty stock price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  The Antifa'ers set the police station on fire... that will teach those pigs!
                  It's just a building. If I'm a black person living in Minneapolis, I'm going to want a whole lot more justice than simply burning down a building. I can't believe that we're still talking about white cops killing unarmed black men. How many times does this cycle have to repeat itself before people like you stop acting surprised when violence breaks out in the streets? Of course violence is going to break out. We continue to see cops killing unarmed black men because there are no consequences for doing so. What's the track record for letting calmer heads prevail? If I'm a member of the black community in Minneapolis right now, I'm feeling like I'm at war, and I'm not going to simply sit back and shrug.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                    It's just a building. If I'm a black person living in Minneapolis, I'm going to want a whole lot more justice than simply burning down a building. I can't believe that we're still talking about white cops killing unarmed black men. How many times does this cycle have to repeat itself before people like you stop acting surprised when violence breaks out in the streets? Of course violence is going to break out. We continue to see cops killing unarmed black men because there are no consequences for doing so. What's the track record for letting calmer heads prevail? If I'm a member of the black community in Minneapolis right now, I'm feeling like I'm at war, and I'm not going to simply sit back and shrug.
                    Chauvin has been charged with murder. If you are a black person, what do you want in terms of consequences? FTR, you didn't say anything i disagree with - maybe you didn't know about the murder charge yet.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Chauvin has been charged with murder. If you are a black person, what do you want in terms of consequences? FTR, you didn't say anything i disagree with - maybe you didn't know about the murder charge yet.
                      Meet Chauvin's new cellmate... His name is Karma:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Murder in the third degree. From my non-lawyer reading, this sounds reasonable. Those who know say that if the state were to up the charge to either second or first degree the cop would have a good chance of walking.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

I'm not sure what Ted means by antifa. That's a picture of protestors most of whom are black. I'm probably the only person on here who has had conversations with people who have engaged in "antifa" type stuff (by that I mean protests for labor rights, LGBT rights etc.). No one even heard that term before Charlottesville when the right had to deflect from their inability to hold their ugly elements accountable.

Ted, let me know when you actually care about constitutional freedoms, until it's safe to assume you are just traveling along the libertarian to altright pipeline at record speed.

Comment

• I have friends who have the nerve to compare this to the Boston tea party.

This is not the Boston tea party.

Know why this is not the Boston tea party?

Because the Boston tea party didn’t destroy the college football hall of fame, that’s why.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                              I have friends who have the nerve to compare this to the Boston tea party.

This is not the Boston tea party.

Know why this is not the Boston tea party?

Because the Boston tea party didn’t destroy the college football hall of fame, that’s why.
                              Wait. What? I hope not. That's near the top of my bucket list right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                I'm not sure what Ted means by antifa. That's a picture of protestors most of whom are black. I'm probably the only person on here who has had conversations with people who have engaged in "antifa" type stuff (by that I mean protests for labor rights, LGBT rights etc.). No one even heard that term before Charlottesville when the right had to deflect from their inability to hold their ugly elements accountable.
                                Yeah, it seems Soros forgot to pay the ANTIFA kids so maybe they didn't show up to the riots:

Oh, wait... here he is:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9539741.html

I guess George didn't forget to pay this one.

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Ted, let me know when you actually care about constitutional freedoms, until it's safe to assume you are just traveling along the libertarian to altright pipeline at record speed.
                                Actually in a way I am hoping that Drumpf doesn't veto the FISA court bill so he can spy on the Dems and have an unmasking party too!
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X