Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    What do cyclists sign?
    I bet they'd sign anything given they probably don't often get offers. Try and see if they'll sign your lower-lower back
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/...in-2014_315930

2014 route

Comment

Starting a stage in Wyoming... There's no place bad enough in Utah to start a stage so we had to go to the ugly stepsister? Ugh. I suppose it's cool they're touring the whole state, but I miss taking a couple of days off work so I could catch the whole race.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
          Starting a stage in Wyoming... There's no place bad enough in Utah to start a stage so we had to go to the ugly stepsister? Ugh. I suppose it's cool they're touring the whole state, but I miss taking a couple of days off work so I could catch the whole race.
          I just noticed this and was pleasantly surprised to see a BBB appearance.

Comment

Just watched the peloton race by my neighborhood. Cadel Evans was in there somewhere. There were probably a few other notables, but I don't follow cycling closely enough to know. I've ridden this loop they're riding today, minus the 40 mile mammoth creek section. It's a crazy climb up to Brian Head--I wish I could have watched that part. We'll head back downtown to watch the finish--that was really fun last year.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

The app has a live stream, which is nice for those outside of Utah.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Nasty crash on yesterday's stage

https://vine.co/v/MVnjqezZm95

Comment

That was crazy. Can't tell what caused it exactly. He was wobbling, but then out of nowhere he flipped like Indiana Jones jammed a stick in his spokes.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Nasty crash on yesterday's stage

https://vine.co/v/MVnjqezZm95
                    Wow! It's almost like he hit a dead deer or something on the shoulder. He wobbled as he saw it at the last minute and then it threw him over the top. Scary.
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      That was crazy. Can't tell what caused it exactly. He was wobbling, but then out of nowhere he flipped like Indiana Jones jammed a stick in his spokes.
                      It was probably the Italians. They usually use a frame pump.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Better video of it:

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          It looks like he wobbles and then catches his wheel sideways in a crack. I shouldn't watch stuff like this, I'm just starting to feel comfortable on my bike again.

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          It was probably the Italians. They usually use a frame pump.
                          Crash+002.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            It looks like he wobbles and then catches his wheel sideways in a crack.
                            That's what it looked like to me. I've not yet caught a wheel in a crack, but they always make me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                              Better video of it:

This video says he hit one of the markers on the road. If you watch closely, there is a stick or something standing straight up that he hits.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Here's a screen shot just before he bites it. I'm not sure what the talking heads would be referring to when they mention a marker, but I see no evidence of that. It looks like he gets a little too into the soft stuff and when he tries to correct out of it, washes out his front wheel, torquing it 90 degrees. And therefore launching him into the Superman.

Bike crash.jpg
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X