Tour of Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    You would think that the fact nobody else was sprinting would be a clue that he was a little early. Maybe he thought they were sprinting and he was just extra fast that day. Still a little surprising that someone good enough to race the TOU would make a mistake like that.
    He doesn’t even have a decent sprint. It’s not like those bell laps announcements are subtle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Thursday is going to a tough day to get to work - the two main gates (west and south) of HAFB will be closed to traffic at just about the time I usually show up

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Dont these guys use race radios?
        I was at the finish line yesterday and there was a lot of confusion among the crowd, volunteers, and I guess the cyclists themselves.

All of the websites, updates, etc. about the race indicated that the cyclists would come screaming down the canyon and do 3 laps around SUU campus for the finish. They came down the canyon and circled most of campus, crossing the start/finish line - which apparently "started" the three-lap finale. Most of us thought that the first circle-round counted as Lap #1. Alas, it did not. Only the mathematician to whom I am related by marriage noted that the first go-round wasn't a complete "lap".

In all, they crossed that start/finish line 4 times, making 3 laps.

The best story of the day was the cop who scooped up a stray cat from the course right before the cyclists came into town. The cop stashed the cat in her patrol car to keep it safe, and the cat stepped on the button to lock the door of the running car. The cop had to get help to open the locked car.
        That cat is a hell-raiser, I guess.
        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Just finished watching stage 6. Sepp Kuss is a killer. His stage 2 and 6 wins were incredible with him having to hold on through the downhills. Stage 5 was awesome as he just rode away from the leaders all while sporting a big smile.

Watching this race makes me want to do the Ultimate Challenge. I think I may need to consider it for next year.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Sepp Kuss will be riding the Vuelta. From racing collegiate mountain bike racing to grand tour in three years is pretty impressive. I hope he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              Sepp Kuss will be riding the Vuelta. From racing collegiate mountain bike racing to grand tour in three years is pretty impressive. I hope he does well.
              Thats pretty cool. It will be fun to see how well he does with all the big boys in the Pyrenees.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
              X