Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    great example of irony!
    Is it? At least I got that going for me.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      This is exactly what happened.

As far as the approach, if you scroll to the bottom of this KSL article, there's a map. I wonder if the hairpin below this got all the recon and this one ended up surprising many. In just the video clip, most had a bad approach into this corner.

http://ksl.com/?sid=35877620
      When I first saw the video, I incorrectly thought it was the hairpin just before the turn onto Big Cottonwood Canyon Road. Instead, it's the other hairpin turn further up a half mile or so (just below the pin on the map given by KSL). On the approach to the turn, it's pretty steep and you can get going fast without much effort. There is also a slight turn just before it, so if you're not expecting it, it could really surprise you if you're going fast enough.
      When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

Tour of Utah received the okay to take the race through Zion NP. As expected, the stretch will be neutralized, the surprise for me was that they'll be starting outside the West gates and going East. Not very many neutral mountain climbs in cycling.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40180395&nid...-national-park
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Tour of Utah received the okay to take the race through Zion NP. As expected, the stretch will be neutralized, the surprise for me was that they'll be starting outside the West gates and going East. Not very many neutral mountain climbs in cycling.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40180395&nid...-national-park
          I watched the first stage but they skipped most of the Zions NP part. Hopefully they publish a bunch of pics from it. I also watched stage 2 yesterday and they had this one shot that was absolutely gorgeous. Here's a pic from that shot:

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Great shot.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              I watched the first stage but they skipped most of the Zions NP part. Hopefully they publish a bunch of pics from it. I also watched stage 2 yesterday and they had this one shot that was absolutely gorgeous. Here's a pic from that shot:

My buddy is a marshal captain for the tour. He started as a marshal 4-5 years ago, and has been a captain for the past 2-3 years. He takes the week off work, they provide room and board and pay him OK on top of that for being there. I'd love to join him and get to see this thing up close, but the last couple of years my schedule just hasn't worked out. Jealous of sights like this that he's seeing every day.

Comment

My wife and I have watched the daily report on KJZZ, but keep wanting to mute that idiot Steve Brown. Why do they keep dragging him out as a commentator?

Comment

I was excited to see that Lachlan Morton won the Tour of Utah. I don't know about many cyclists, but there was an article about Lachlan in Bicycling magazine that I came across recently. I found his and his brother Gus's journey in and out of cycling quite interesting. Their documentary is worth a watch as well.

Thereabouts
                  Last edited by BrutusBuckeye; 08-08-2016, 11:06 AM.
                  When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

TJ is in yellow today after winning the very short prologue stage ITT yesterday. Pretty impressive given that he’s one week removed from le tour.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

TJ is in yellow today after winning the very short prologue stage ITT yesterday. Pretty impressive given that he’s one week removed from le tour.
                      And BMC swept the podium places. Teejay also announced today that he is moving over to Vaughters' team, EF education first canondale or whatever it is.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Doh!

You would think that the fact nobody else was sprinting would be a clue that he was a little early. Maybe he thought they were sprinting and he was just extra fast that day. Still a little surprising that someone good enough to race the TOU would make a mistake like that.

Comment

Doh!

Dont these guys use race radios?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Doh!

I love his reaction after seeing the official signaling one more lap to go.

Comment

I love his reaction after seeing the official signaling one more lap to go.
                                I love how he first thought the official was giving him a "you're number one" finger.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X