The Official Brisket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
    I trimmed some of it. I was trying to trim as little as possible, and I was in a bit of a hurry bcz I woke up late.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
      SUCK IT, TREBEK!

Just bumped the temp to 300°

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Another hour or so untiil I'll wrap.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Just took them off to wrap. Using the two sheet method is so much easier

Comment

• DT, remind me how your cabinet smoker works. Pellets?

Keep the pics coming!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              DT, remind me how your cabinet smoker works. Pellets?

Keep the pics coming!
              Yes, Pellets. I used Cookinpellets.com 100% Hickory.

http://www.cookshack.com/store/Smoke...k-Model-FEC100

Comment

• Into the cambro to rest...

Comment

• And done...

Funny, the smallest of the 3 briskets cooked the best (although I had it furthest away from the fire). They all turned out very tasty.

Comment

• For Labor Day my old man picked up a giant packer and asked me if I would smoke it. This sucker was 18.56 lbs. I was worried because I think the biggest one I'd ever done previously was 12 lbs or so. I was very intimidated by this piece of meat, especially since I was cooking for 14 adults and 13 kids.

Sorry for blurry pics.

Prepping the brisket:

Rubbed, injected and wrapped:

Did two racks of ribs too:

Came out awesome. Everyone loved it.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        I was very intimidated by this piece of meat
                        Signature quote. #TWSS
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• That looks good. Did you have to do anything differently because the brisket was larger?
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Signature quote. #TWSS
                            that quote is often followed by #wmph
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• damn that looks good, surf
                              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Traeger recipe of the week: Jack-Mormon Brisket

http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes...=#.VAnSZmRdWn8
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X