Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 204

Thread: It was built and they are coming

  1. #61
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great accomplishment.

    And, what's a Fighting Duck?

  3. #63
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Great accomplishment.

    And, what's a Fighting Duck?
    Puddles
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  4. #64
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Wow a 12 seed, we wouldn't have gotten in without winning last night.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Wow a 12 seed, we wouldn't have gotten in without winning last night.
    The entire Pac was b-slapped with seeding. Weak non conference schedules hurt them.
    *Banned*

  6. #66
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    9,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Wow a 12 seed, we wouldn't have gotten in without winning last night.
    That loss to Utah hurt. Cal's loss to Utah was also a killer. Both teams get 12 seeds as punishment

  7. #67
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    The entire Pac was b-slapped with seeding. Weak non conference schedules hurt them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    That loss to Utah hurt. Cal's loss to Utah was also a killer. Both teams get 12 seeds as punishment
    Both true, after 5 years away just being in is good. They kept us out west which maybe gives a little boost. A win would be gravy to this season, hopefully building towards bigger things. Including better non-conf schedules.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  8. #68

    Default

    Even Colorado gets a better seed than Oregon. That is weird.

  9. #69
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    9,896

    Default

    Yep, a 12 seed close to home is a helluva lot better situation than an 8/9 seed on the other side of the country as far as chance to make the Sweet 16.

  10. #70
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    SU we going to split a bowl of kimchi and bulgogi?

    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...in-south-korea
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    SU we going to split a bowl of kimchi and bulgogi?

    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...in-south-korea
    I maybe living in Manila at that time. I would go if you do.

  12. #72
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Well looks like three starters and a key reserve all going to miss non-conf, fun times!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  13. #73
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Only 2, but one is really important. Artis and Ben Carter 10-15 games. Crap, probably lose all 3 tough non-conf games now. Gtown, Ole Miss and BYU.

    Both plus 3 players from last season sold team issue gear, one to an NBA player who then wore them in a game and that's how they got caught. Nike said "We only made x of those. Where did you get them?" Dumb. Team suspension and informed NCAA.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  14. #74
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    SU are we watching this together or not? I feel like Fievel we are both thinking of each other underneath the stars.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    SU are we watching this together or not? I feel like Fievel we are both thinking of each other underneath the stars.
    Looks like only 9 games for carteCarter and artis.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    *Banned*

  16. #76
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Looks like only 9 games for carteCarter and artis.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I think that makes BYU the first game back. Altman just manages to go and find pieces, I don't know half the roster, they are playing well though.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  17. #77
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Joe Young is clutch!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  18. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Joe Young is clutch!
    Young has been one of the best players in the country this year.

  19. #79
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    UC Irvine has a guy from Senegal who is 7'6", I'm a dramatically better basketball player than him. That is not a brag, humble or otherwise, about my basketball skills.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  20. #80
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Boom, jumbotron.
    image.jpg

    Stupid attach, always turns my pictures.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  21. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    UC Irvine has a guy from Senegal who is 7'6", I'm a dramatically better basketball player than him. That is not a brag, humble or otherwise, about my basketball skills.

  22. #82
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    That looks like Spud Webb guarding Manute Bol.

  23. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    UC Irvine has a guy from Senegal who is 7'6", I'm a dramatically better basketball player than him. That is not a brag, humble or otherwise, about my basketball skills.
    You would average 8 and 6 and shoot 72% from the floor playing D-1 basketball? You are pretty good.
    *Banned*

  24. #84
    Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    45,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    You would average 8 and 6 and shoot 72% from the floor playing D-1 basketball? You are pretty good.
    No, I believe he said he would do "dramatically better". I am guessing 25 and 12 for the Terror of the Northwest.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  25. #85

    Default

    We should change this thread title. To it was built and still nobody seems to care.......

    Unless the "they" referenced are top recruits because that is true. If "they" is referring to the fans, definitely not true. Oregons average attendance this year is 5800. A top 15 team in the might Pac-12 can only draw 5800? Maybe they should drop down to the WCC.
    *Banned*

  26. #86
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    You would average 8 and 6 and shoot 72% from the floor playing D-1 basketball? You are pretty good.
    I've never air balled a layup missing everything by 15+ feet.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  27. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    We should change this thread title. To it was built and still nobody seems to care.......

    Unless the "they" referenced are top recruits because that is true.

    Based on the first post, I think that's exactly who "they" is referencing.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  28. #88
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    We should change this thread title. To it was built and still nobody seems to care.......

    Unless the "they" referenced are top recruits because that is true. If "they" is referring to the fans, definitely not true. Oregons average attendance this year is 5800. A top 15 team in the might Pac-12 can only draw 5800? Maybe they should drop down to the WCC.
    Attendance is annoying, I'm not sure what is keeping people away other than $. The prices are silly, but everyone that whined about Mac Court knew they would be. I think with the ticket/donation prices for both sports being on the high side people are just choosing one and football has been obviously winning.

    Recruiting is going well, the sweet 16 last year was a lot of fun, this team looks better.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  29. #89
    Senior Member byu71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    22,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Attendance is annoying, I'm not sure what is keeping people away other than $. The prices are silly, but everyone that whined about Mac Court knew they would be. I think with the ticket/donation prices for both sports being on the high side people are just choosing one and football has been obviously winning.

    Recruiting is going well, the sweet 16 last year was a lot of fun, this team looks better.
    I know I would have a hard time attending. I would look down at that floor and start puking.

  30. #90
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    I know I would have a hard time attending. I would look down at that floor and start puking.
    I agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •