Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: It was built and they are coming

That there is funny. Offensive player is 5 feet away, must've used his imaginary friend to push the defender down.

I talked to a Utah fan who was at the game last night. He was pretty frustrated with the PAC refs. "Every time we're on offense it's a charge, and every time we're on defense it's a block. Hell, one play we didn't even have to touch the guy to get a charge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    That there is funny. Offensive player is 5 feet away, must've used his imaginary friend to push the defender down.

I talked to a Utah fan who was at the game last night. He was pretty frustrated with the PAC refs. "Every time we're on offense it's a charge, and every time we're on defense it's a block. Hell, one play we didn't even have to touch the guy to get a charge!"
    Wait, did they call a foul for that??
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Wait, did they call a foul for that??
    They called it a block on Brooks.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

There was one very bad flop by Enis that was called on Utah. I thought it was called pretty well, Utah had 18 fouls, Oregon 17. The face palm worthy clock stopping during live action was pretty awful, but that's not a P12 person, at least in Eugene it is an Oregon employee.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    There was one very bad flop by Enis that was called on Utah. I thought it was called pretty well, Utah had 18 fouls, Oregon 17. The face palm worthy clock stopping during live action was pretty awful, but that's not a P12 person, at least in Eugene it is an Oregon employee.
    Yeah, there were two screw ups at the end that caused long stoppages. The refs allowed subs to come in when Oregon threw the ball out of bounds the length of the court. The refs had to review the replay monitor to see who should be in the game, as the subs should not have been allowed. Then the clock issue. The crowd wanted the ref's blood by that point. I kept pointing out to those around me that it wasn't the ref's they should be criticizing for the clock issue and delay, but that just got me a lot of nasty stares.

There was a stretch right at the start of Oregons run when the ref's had 3 questionable calls that lit off the crowd. Other than that, I thought it was called pretty evenly. But I attend most games with my dad and brother, who are positive that every call against Utah is questionable, and that more than half the calls against the opponents are missed. It borders on a persecution complex, and it gets old.

Dillon "Conference of Champions" Brooks!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Dillon "Conference of Champions" Brooks!
    Could Cal's guards have panicked more in the last 6 minutes of that game?

Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    Could Cal's guards have panicked more in the last 6 minutes of that game?
    There was a major pucker factor going on after Oregon got the lead below 10. Jabari Bird wishes he could play Oregon more than twice a year, it seems the only time he looks like the 5* recruit he was coming out of HS. Something about him gives the Ducks problems.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I think that in 10 years Oregon is as likely to be considered a basketball school as a football school.
    From HFN's original post in this thread almost six years ago. After a 4-8 football season and now a Final Four berth in the tournament, they're well on their way.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

This freshman Jordan Bell has a ton of potential, 6'8" had 8 blocks against ASU today and already has the school record for blocks in a season with 59 so far this year. If he can develop some consistent offense he will get a look in the league, but more importantly be an anchor of a quality group of 4 freshman that should lead a deep run in the next year or two.
    Posted in a January of 2015, hes developed the offense and even gotten better defesively and rebounding. A couple of fun interactions with my kids and him off the court has cemented his place in our personal panteheon of favorite athletes. Hopefully he has two more shining moments in reserve.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Pretty impressive what they've been able to do without Boucher. As good as Boucher is, to watch them play, they make it seem like they don't even miss him. though, of course they do.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Posted in a January of 2015, hes developed the offense and even gotten better defesively and rebounding. A couple of fun interactions with my kids and him off the court has cemented his place in our personal panteheon of favorite athletes. Hopefully he has two more shining moments in reserve.
    I watched the game in a Vegas sports book with several Oregon fans. Bell was great- had the Kansas fans shaking their heads as they downed the free beverages provided by the Bud Lite girls
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I agree. Close down the program.

I think I know what Oregon will be practicing in the offseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I think I know what Oregon will be practicing in the offseason...
    Continued choking?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Continued choking?
    Ha ha.

I meant boxing out.

Great season. Played the worst game they've played all year and lost by 1. So many chances in the second half, no flow to the offense, not making the few open looks they were able to get. Without Bell they lose by 15+ so yeah he should've put his butt on someone and blocked out, but that gets what a last second heave at the hoop? They needed to convert a few and not go 5 minutes late in the game without a bucket. I loved Boucher but I'm not sure what the commenters that kept bringing it up thought he would've done against Meeks. Probably a 100 lb weight descrepency between the two.

This team was so fun to watch all year, I think they are going to lose 5 guys, Brooks I'm not sure if he is an NBA player but not sure what else he proves coming back. Dorsey isn't an NBA player at least right now, but he's gone from what I've heard. Bell is going to be a good player in the league.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Tough loss, HFN. I thought they were going to pull it out there at the end.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Starting 2018 class off where 2017 finished, and it sounds like there is another big splash about to add to 2017 class. I'm in love with Dana.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

Cheaters

https://twitter.com/SteveMims_RG/sta...20270393278464

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

I can't believe that it's this Utah team that wins in Eugene. Of course it helps that oregon doesnt have 9 players who are 6'9 and can play 5 positions like every other year.

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    I can't believe that it's this Utah team that wins in Eugene. Of course it helps that oregon doesnt have 9 players who are 6'9 and can play 5 positions like every other year.

And Utah beat a bunch of cheaters.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.