Soda Pop! The good stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soda Pop! The good stuff...

MMMMmmmmmm... good soda pop is divine! We just had a soda pop and candy store open up in the Westwood Village, and I dropped in to pick up some of my favorite root beer. Bundaberg!

If you have the chance to pick this stuff up, do so. If you are a root beer fan, you won't be sorry.

I'm totally stoked about this place because they have a lot of other specialty sodas. I've got a bunch of exotic stuff I've never tried before chilling in my fridge.

This thread is for lovers of soda pop to share what they consider to be 'the good stuff.'

See also: http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?p=242139#post242139
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Hey, it's been like two whole days since that discussion!

Comment

Bundaberg ginger beer gets some SG attention, but their root beer doesn't make his list. I'll be curious to see what he thinks of their root beer offering. As to Bab's typical snark, this thread is about soda pop generally, and not root beer specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          Hey, it's been like two whole days since that discussion!
          Testy. Don't you have some memos to write this summer?
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Ug. That bundaberg ginger beer tastes like a rusty washer.

I do love soda, though, so I appreciate the thread.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post

As a fan of the Bundaberg root beer, I was excited to try their ginger beer. To give you a sense of what I like in a ginger beer, Reed's Extra Ginger is my standard -- it is an eye-wateringly strong ginger beer with a powerful fizz that only adds to the bite. So now I've just finished the Bundaberg ginger beer and here is my report:

First of all, I can see what you mean by the 'rusty washer' flavor. There is a ferrous undertone that shows up a few seconds after I swallow. I don't find it unpleasant, but it is there. The ginger intensity is nowhere near as strong as Reed's Extra Ginger, but it is nice, and presumably all-natural -- the beer is cloudy, which I take as a sign of containing a lot of ginger solids. It has a light burn going down, with pleasant gingery burps coming up. In my opinion, it could be improved with stronger carbonation. My bottle had very little fizz. The flatness made it seem more heavy than I would like. I wouldn't use the word *crisp* to describe it, which is exactly the word I would use for Reed's. In short, it is nice, but no replacement for Reed's, which is widely available in health food stores and fancy supermarkets:

Comment

I tried it and I HATED it. Both the root beer and the ginger crap.
                "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                  As a fan of the Bundaberg root beer, I was excited to try their ginger beer. To give you a sense of what I like in a ginger beer, Reed's Extra Ginger is my standard -- it is an eye-wateringly strong ginger beer with a powerful fizz that only adds to the bite. So now I've just finished the Bundaberg ginger beer and here is my report:

First of all, I can see what you mean by the 'rusty washer' flavor. There is a ferrous undertone that shows up a few seconds after I swallow. I don't find it unpleasant, but it is there. The ginger intensity is nowhere near as strong as Reed's Extra Ginger, but it is nice, and presumably all-natural -- the beer is cloudy, which I take as a sign of containing a lot of ginger solids. It has a light burn going down, with pleasant gingery burps coming up. In my opinion, it could be improved with stronger carbonation. My bottle had very little fizz. The flatness made it seem more heavy than I would like. I wouldn't use the word *crisp* to describe it, which is exactly the word I would use for Reed's. In short, it is nice, but no replacement for Reed's, which is widely available in health food stores and fancy supermarkets:

This critical analysis makes me want to give it another shot... almost. I remember it being quite near unbearable. I may try the Reed's though...
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post

That's crazy talk. That stuff is awesome.

Comment

My mom brought me some of this today when she visited (she knows I'm a root beer fan). I gotta say...I'm not a fan. Weird lemony aftertaste. Very disappointing because the ingredients list showed a lot of promise.
                      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Coke
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          Testy. Don't you have some memos to write this summer?

Comment

I hated the Bundaberg root beer. I took maybe a few sips before I threw it away. I do like the Ginger beer.

I really like the Boylan's sodas and their orange cream soda in particular.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost
                              only if it is hecho en Mexico...

cheers.
                              I agree, it's especially good with cat feces tacos.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                              X