No announcement yet.

Primary Choirster Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going on about 5 months in the primary and while I am impressed with our primary music leaders (yes, we have two) and enjoy that part of primary, it looks like one of the toughest jobs in the church. Granted, I am not musical by any stretch, but that hour of primary is mostly all on them. Good luck, CA.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

One year in, and I will say that Primary Music Leader is the best calling in the church. There is the downside of having to spend a lot of prep time, but it is a blast, as long as you don't have one of those stick-in-the-mud Primary Presidents who expects you to keep the kids quiet and reverent. Mine doesn't, so I have a lot of fun.

So anyway, the song for the month of March is "Follow the Prophet". I will be teaching all verses of it, just to tick off all the liberals in the ward. In fact, maybe I won't even have them sing the verses in the primary program at all; just 10 minutes of repeating the chorus at full volume.

I thought it would be nice to write a new verse for President Monson, since most of these kids have never heard of obscure prophets like Enoch, Daniel, Jonah, etc. However, I am having a harder time than expected. Here is what I have so far. If anyone has any better ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thomas Monson is our prophet, in the current day,
      Tells us we should marry, but not if we are gay.
      If you will be happy, do not become bitter,
      Follow Tommy's words, not Sooner's posts on Twitter
      Follow the Prophet, etc. etc.

Comment

Unless you want to reinvent the wheel it's already been done.

http://sugardoodle.net/joomla/index....son&catid=3841

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Unless you want to reinvent the wheel it's already been done.

http://sugardoodle.net/joomla/index....son&catid=3841
          Cool. Maybe I will submit mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            Cool. Maybe I will submit mine.
            I'd go with yours. I may need to schedule a trip to visit the P'head family to coincide with your Primary Program

Comment

Clark for Primary President!!

That's a great song but maybe the metering isn't just right. Work on it a bit more and it will be perfect. In fact, I'd likely visit your ward just to hear it sung.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

This one appealed to me:
                LeXYbt6knogR_1qjpVHVM5DhmXltCqs7JHqxxEjJB7M.jpg
                Last edited by Copelius; 02-11-2018, 03:34 PM.
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

My wife and I are music leader and pianist, respectively. I hope I never get released.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post

My wife and I are music leader and pianist, respectively. I hope I never get released.
                    Best spousal duo callings in the church. We have the same callings. They wanted to release me when they called me as 1C YM a couple months ago but I said I'd only take the YM calling if they kept me as primary pianist.

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                      This one appealed to me:
                      [ATTACH]8557[/ATTACH]
                      Awesome.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

David was a prophet
                        and he like binoculars
                        Bathsheba was a beauty
                        but she also like night air

Out looking for trouble
                        when the moon was really full
                        David somehow taught us that
                        love was just more bull

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          Best spousal duo callings in the church. We have the same callings. They wanted to release me when they called me as 1C YM a couple months ago but I said I'd only take the YM calling if they kept me as primary pianist.

"I won't accept the new calling unless I am allowed to fulfill my other calling as well."

Do we need a ruling on humblebrags?

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                            "I won't accept the new calling unless I am allowed to fulfill my other calling as well."

Do we need a ruling on humblebrags?
                            I didn't mention the part where I also got a release from my building coordinator calling as part of the deal. It was quite the negotiation!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              David was a prophet
                              and he like binoculars
                              Bathsheba was a beauty
                              but she also like night air

Out looking for trouble
                              when the moon was really full
                              David somehow taught us that
                              love was just more bull
                              Haha. Clack, that is probably the worst attempt at poetry/verse in the history of this fair board. sjbh.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Haha. Clack, that is probably the worst attempt at poetry/verse in the history of this fair board. sjbh.
                                Also David isn't considered a prophet except in Islam.

Comment

Working...
                                X